Suggestions for Disney to make aoa perfect!

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
We loved aoa. It was beautiful, fun and new and clean. There were glitches however, which could easily be improved: 1.The walk from lm was much longer than I can remember from other resorts. Why not put a refillable mug station and pick up food items at the pool there? 2. Had to use a scooter and found that there were only 2 bus drivers who were nice about it. Several actually pretended I wasn't there until we banged on the door. Several were very rude. Why not provide 10$ incentive for each scooter belted down on the buses. They would be welcomed by the tired, stressed out drivers. 3. Please change food court options. Very few items were good in my opinion.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at AoA. Perhaps you can try a different resort next time with better results.

1. Beverage and food options other than the food court? At a value?

2. Unfriendly bus drivers. This has nothing to do with the resort. Buses and drivers are not permanently assigned to a specific resort. They are directed to their destination by a central dispatch. If you have a problem with a driver, you should complain via Customer Service to the Disney Transportation bigwigs, not the resort manager.

3.Sorry- can't help you there- if anything, AoA was getting good reviews because they were offering choices that were different from the run of the mill stuff that most food courts offer. They can't cater to everyone's individual preferences.

Sorry minnie mum but you misunderstood my post. I loved Lm! Just noticed some things that would make it "perfect". I went to pop food court after the first week because the exciting new items didn't live up to the expectation. Probably hard to mass produce difficult recipes. Please read posts carefully before you defensively jump in. As you can see, I have been to disney every year since 1971. Not "blaming" them for anything. Simply "suggesting" which I guess is allowed.:confused3

Those are interesting suggestions.. I really like the concept of incentivizing good behavior towards ALL passengers. But I could see that being difficult to track honestly and probably would get abused some how. But the underlying concept probably has some value.

Food court options:

I find the exact same venue can serve dramatically different versions of the same dishes ... from one day to the next. Truthfully? The quality has slipped at Disney over the years. It's still way better than most and that's good.. but it used to be exceptional even at counter service. Now? It's merely average to above average depending very much on who is working that day.

I love the food court options at AOA especially as a vegetarian it's super easy to sub things in/out. When we had our visit at POP last year, we walked over quite a few nights to eat the food there. It also helped us to make the decision that we're spending some of our nights there at our next stay this November.
Although I do agree the walk to the LM rooms can be quite long, especially after a long day walking around in the parks.

I love the idea of a mug station at Little Mermaid! I doubt it would really ever happen, but it would make the idea of staying there again much more tempting if it did!

I appreciate the fact that the food court has unusual offerings, but for me I just didn't feel like there were as many choices as there are at other places.

I don't think they would do the mug station either, as it would just mean more work for them, for no gain. But looking at the map, it would be nice for everyone back that way.:)

The walk from LM rooms is no worse than the Preferred Section in some of the Moderates. It's really not that far! Sorry - can't agree. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter