suggestion please!!!!!

dlavecch

mommy mouse
Let me start by saying my DH, DD(6yr) DD(3yr) and I took out first Disney Cruise this past May and loved loved loved it! We had all intentions of booking out next cruise with Disney for the following May.. let me digress... it was a seven day crusise and for us I have to insist that we do another 7 day or more...I might be wrong but are all the seven day cruises in Europe? we considered the transatlantic but honestly I feel that my children are too small to appreciate the history behind Europe!
This leads me to my questions/suggestions..... I would love to stay with Disney and tossed around doing 2 four day cruises with them but I have been having a hard time convincing my DH about going back to Nassau..:headache:he was not a fan to day the least!
Could someone please give us some suggestion and as a last resort is there another cruise line that might come close.....?
thank you for all help in advance!!!!!
and for all have a cruise coming up!!! ENJOY!

What about Alaska? Or the Mexican Riviera (I don't think it goes in May though). On your last cruise did you take the Eastern or Western? You could always try the other one of those.

There are Eastern and Western Caribbean Cruises on the Magic (currently). If you went to Nassau, were you then on a 3 or 4 day cruise? You mentioned you were on a 7 day, but as far as I know only the 3 or 4 day ones stop in Nassau. As for booking two 4 day ones, you wouldn't be able to get those back to back, as there are 3 day cruises inbetween. You could do a 3 and 4 day back to back (thats what we are doing in the Fall of 2011 as we WANT to cruise on the "DREAM" and it's not doing 7 day cruises). As for Nassua, if your DH is not a fan, you could always use that as an extra Sea day! There's lots to do on the ship, so one wouldn't Have to get off the boat in Nassau. If you haven't tried the Caribbean Cruises, definately try one of those! I don't think you'd be disappointed.:)

Last year or trip changed due to H1N1 we went to Nassua, Grand CAyman, CC and KW,
I have heard Many times that Alaska is amazing but I will be honest considering it is about 20 below here I need to have something to look foward to (even thought it isn't till may/june).. I willl have to recheck the Mexican Riv. and Panama, but I don't think there are any sailings for the months that we need... If that doesn't plan out and DH won't budge on doing the Nassau could you think of another ship that would be your second choice!?
again...thank you !!!!

you guys are amazing... I have been on other travel board for other trips and I have never got so many responses before so quickly!... I guess that is why my heart is with DISNEY....
again thank you all!!!!!!!!

thank you Justcantwait..... I checked out that link and the caribbean stops in April (then I believe the boat does the TA to Eurpoe,,,, Mexican and Panama are as well 2011.. so needless to say I think I am out of luck!!! :( you can't imagine how upest I am that we may have to "settle" and choose another boat for this year!!!!! uughh!!! HELP!!! I realize Europe deserves to have the boat too but uuughh!!! come back!!!!!!
again thank you ALL!!!!

What about the Eastern or Western, they don't go to Nassau.

Sorry, edited to add I didn't pay attention that you said they stop in April.

You can look into other cruise lines. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess are lines I have sailed and had just as good of a time as on Disney (at a fraction of the cost) and with a lot better (or more varied at least!) itineraries.

Disney is a terrific product, but they did not invent cruising or eliminate the rest of the industry. Go spread your legs a bit, you'll find lots of good things out there!

You can look into other cruise lines. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess are lines I have sailed and had just as good of a time as on Disney (at a fraction of the cost) and with a lot better (or more varied at least!) itineraries.

Disney is a terrific product, but they did not invent cruising or eliminate the rest of the industry. Go spread your legs a bit, you'll find lots of good things out there!

I think you may have meant..."go spread your wings"..... LOL:laughing:

MJ

Go spread your legs a bit, you'll find lots of good things out there!

^^^^:lmao:

To OP: What about moving your dates to April instead? You could do a Caribbean (Nassau not included in the itinerary) during April 2010.

DCL is futzing with some of the 2011 Med cruises. They WERE ORIGINALLY all 10/11 nights but they've suspended bookings on them beginning with the July 30 one. RUMOR is that they're switching the 2nd half of the summer to 7 nighters. Possibly 4 ports with 3 sea days... Stay tuned.... That is one way you could do a 7 nighter in the summertime. Your other option might be to consider a 5 nighter in 2011 on the Dream.:confused3

DCL is futzing with some of the 2011 Med cruises. They WERE ORIGINALLY all 10/11 nights but they've suspended bookings on them beginning with the July 30 one. RUMOR is that they're switching the 2nd half of the summer to 7 nighters. Possibly 4 ports with 3 sea days... Stay tuned.... That is one way you could do a 7 nighter in the summertime. Your other option might be to consider a 5 nighter in 2011 on the Dream.:confused3

^^^ Or OP could do a 5 nighter on the Wonder May 2010. Trouble is OP's DH doesn't want to repeat Nassau next time. One way she could 'talk him into it' is to sell him on the Double Dip itinerary (2 stops at Castaway Cay). Just a thought....;)

^^^ Or OP could do a 5 nighter on the Wonder May 2010. Trouble is OP's DH doesn't want to repeat Nassau next time. One way she could 'talk him into it' is to sell him on the Double Dip itinerary (2 stops at Castaway Cay). Just a thought....;)

The OP is going to have a hard time finding a perfect match on DCL in 2010 or 2011 - esp. if she restricts to May only. If she wants to stay with DCL something's got to give. That's how we ended up doing 4 n / 3 n back-to-backs on the Wonder last summer. The Magic went back to the Mex. Riviera & we did that one in 2005 & wanted to stay in the Caribbean. I thought the Dream was doing some double dips to CC in 2011? No? (But yes, still with that required stop in Nassau.) I just thought it was doing DD's maybe? Guess I made that up in my mind?

The OP is going to have a hard time finding a perfect match on DCL in 2010 or 2011 - esp. if she restricts to May only.

^^^ I completely agree. ::yes::

I thought the Dream was doing some double dips to CC in 2011? No? (But yes, still with that required stop in Nassau.) I just thought it was doing DD's maybe? Guess I made that up in my mind?

^^^ Yes, the Double Dip 5 nighters are on the Dream in 2011. Nex year (2010), they are on the Wonder. Both are available in the month of May, but again they are both stopping at Nassau. :rolleyes2

Last year or trip changed due to H1N1 we went to Nassua, Grand CAyman, CC and KW,
I have heard Many times that Alaska is amazing but I will be honest considering it is about 20 below here I need to have something to look foward to (even thought it isn't till may/june).. I willl have to recheck the Mexican Riv. and Panama, but I don't think there are any sailings for the months that we need... If that doesn't plan out and DH won't budge on doing the Nassau could you think of another ship that would be your second choice!?
again...thank you !!!!

We're in the same boat (insert groan). Took a 3 night in March and were all psyched for a seven day cruise in June/July 2011. Go to book it and find there are NO SEVEN NIGHT CRUISES! I am so :mad:. I'm not spending $3000 to go on a cruise we've already been on. I'd *love* to do the Med, but it's way out of our price range. So I'm looking at the holiday 2011, or another cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter