Suggested Overnight Stays?

TOGA

Yo-Ho-Ho, it's a Camper's Life for Me!
We'll be travelling down I-75 with our pop-up and we've found it convenient to just stay in a hotel overnight instead of stopping at a campground, setting up the pop-up only to pop it back down the next morning and hitch back up. The kids also like it because there is usually a pool and a buffet breakfast to take advantage of and usually allows for an earlier start in the morning.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for an overnight stop with the following criteria:

- Anyplace off of I-75 between Lake City, FL and Ocala, FL
- Pet friendly, especially for a single dog at about 45 lbs.
- Buffet style, hot breakfast
* Bonus/Optional, indoor heated pool

We've had good success with taking an overnight stop/break after a long drive instead of pushing through to our destination. It gives us a good/rested start to our vacation instead of trying to play 'catch-up' on sleep right at the beginning of our vacation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

When travelling by car, we have stayed (and have told others to stay here also) at the Sleep Inn and Suites at Wildwood, Florida. It is right at the Florida Turnpike (thinking might be the 1st exit - first time we went through town only to discover it is right at the Turnpike).

I was worried about the pet, but I checked on hotels.com and it says clearly: Pets allowed. Then I read a little further down, and it says: Pet fee charged at hotel/condo. So you might want to call and ask.

They have a nice size parking lot that you should be able to get the pop-up into. Google maps will show it clearly. They have breakfast bar (continental, the last we were there). You are only about an hour away from Disney - give or take. There also are coupons at the rest areas that you could use for there.

Just my opinion. There's always the Traveler's Rest campground that is right off the interstate I think in Apopka (but would hate to have to put up the popup and then take down like you say).

Kerri

Thanks! I did see that there was a Sleep Inn and Suites in Ocala, so I checked out their web page. They do accommodate pets, but only up to 25 lbs. My dog is about 45 lbs.

Looks like Skeeter is going on a diet!

Thanks anyway!

We'll be travelling down I-75 with our pop-up and we've found it convenient to just stay in a hotel overnight instead of stopping at a campground, setting up the pop-up only to pop it back down the next morning and hitch back up. The kids also like it because there is usually a pool and a buffet breakfast to take advantage of and usually allows for an earlier start in the morning.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for an overnight stop with the following criteria:

- Anyplace off of I-75 between Lake City, FL and Ocala, FL
- Pet friendly, especially for a single dog at about 45 lbs.
- Buffet style, hot breakfast
* Bonus/Optional, indoor heated pool

We've had good success with taking an overnight stop/break after a long drive instead of pushing through to our destination. It gives us a good/rested start to our vacation instead of trying to play 'catch-up' on sleep right at the beginning of our vacation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I drive that route every weekend. I have never paid attention the names but will be driving at 5 am in the morning. I know one is a KOA and the other I think is called Fred's or Uncle Fred's or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter