Sugar Loaf Club Question

Erikarate

married her prince
Hi All!

We are staying a week in a standard view room in the Sugar Loaf Building at the Grand Floridian in April (YAY!!!). I'm wondering if anyone has a room recommendation and/or pics of the rooms. I thought it might be nice to stay on the first floor to be near the lounge, but I hear it can get very loud in those rooms especially when people are filing in late at night. I also love hearing about any special rooms with a secret little nook or unusual layout...maybe like the dormer rooms?

Any other tips or shared experiences/reviews would be great. (I like to obsess over pics and videos before a trip!!:magnify::yay:)

Thanks in advance!

Id go with upper floor facing the marina. I'm a big fan of hanging out in the balcony in the morning or in the evening after a long day at the parks with a coffee or a drink in hand. Plus it's also quieter and you possibly get a view of the monorail passing by periodically. SL is great. You'll love it either way. Good choice.

We stayed on the second floor in one of the rooms that was right over the portico entrance overlooking the courtyard pool. In the morning, we could hear noise from the lounge--it certainly didn't wake anyone--but I think you'd likely hear that noise from any of the rooms that overlook the lounge. FYI, I had requested high floor, marina view, and received neither request, but that pretty much seems to be the case for most of the requests I make, so...

Hi All!

We are staying a week in a standard view room in the Sugar Loaf Building at the Grand Floridian in April (YAY!!!). I'm wondering if anyone has a room recommendation and/or pics of the rooms. I thought it might be nice to stay on the first floor to be near the lounge, but I hear it can get very loud in those rooms especially when people are filing in late at night. I also love hearing about any special rooms with a secret little nook or unusual layout...maybe like the dormer rooms?

Any other tips or shared experiences/reviews would be great. (I like to obsess over pics and videos before a trip!!:magnify::yay:)

Thanks in advance!

There are only 2 views in SL, which are marina and courtyard. We had a marina view which I loved, but courtyard view is also nice (IMO). With that said, I agree with DisDad that I'd probably request an upper floor marina view. I loved going out on the balcony early in the morning and seeing the beautiful marina. As for rooms with little nooks, there are dormer rooms, but SL also has a couple deluxe/turret rooms that have a bump out with a small seating area with a couch and tv. These rooms, however, are not a bookable category in SL, but can be requested.

Agree upper floor, I had first room on bottom floor in October and it was not good. Noise from lounge, noise from outdoor benches right out side the balcony, could hear the opening and closing of the doors at all hours. Only positive is close to lounge

Did you have a suite or a regular room?

Just curious!

We stayed on the second floor in one of the rooms that was right over the portico entrance overlooking the courtyard pool. In the morning, we could hear noise from the lounge--it certainly didn't wake anyone--but I think you'd likely hear that noise from any of the rooms that overlook the lounge. FYI, I had requested high floor, marina view, and received neither request, but that pretty much seems to be the case for most of the requests I make, so...

OK, I will request upper floor. I think I prefer Marina view too but either would be fine! I'm so excited! We got a great rate with our AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter