SubWay subs on a diet....Anyone?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Yum! I just had a 6" roast beef sub from SubWay. On my sub I had the roast beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and their new FAT FREE Red Wine vinegrette (SP?) dressing. It was delicious! I just checked on a web site, and it appears that it would only be 5.5 points on the Weight Watchers diet!

Has anyone else been including SubWay subs as a part of their "diets"??

P.S. If you add cheese or things like mayo, it will of course increase the calories and fat, that's why I stuck to only veggies and one of their fat free dressings.

Love Subway! I like to order the sub without bread and have like a big salad! Full fat dressing ofcourse. But not too many Subways have the full fat dressing so I add my own from home.
;)

I love the Subway club. I haven't had one yet without the bun but since we're driving to New Orleans next weekend, I'm guessing I will be doing that soon. I'll have to remember about the salad and take my own dressing :)

wovenwonder and nativetxn: You two are doing, Atkins, obviously! :teeth: I know someone who was doing Atkins and he'd order the entire sub, including the bread, then he ate the meat and other fillings right off the bread, he sort of used the bread as a "bowl" to hold everything, then he threw the bread away when he was done. I thought that was pretty clever of him. LOL I'm doing the WW diet, so I eat the whole thing. :p

That's a nifty idea, SeaSpray! I've been wanting a Subway, but couldn't figure out how to do it without making a mess. The "bread as bowl" thing is pretty clever.

Pat

306 days and counting . . . again

My fav...is the 6" veggie delight on wheat...with cheese and almost no oil...it's about 300Kcals...a decent meal! :)

You can actually make any sub into a salad for $3.79 or so at Subway.

The roasted chicken breast salad is DELICIOUS... have them put a good amount of oil & vinegar on the salad, and you may not even need dressing. Though, I've used mine from home as well.

We love to get the salads with everything (except pickles!) on them... very filling, and soooo good. Don't even miss the bread! :)

Yep, Subway is a good fast food place to go to if you're watching calories.

Today, I had a roasted chicken breast sanwich (round) at arby's. consisted of shredded chicken, tomato, lecttuce, and a little mayo. Under 300 cal. Very tasty too.

:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter