Substituting for no seeds or nuts

molly213

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any luck substituting items like bread that have seeds for plain white bread or a plain bun at CS? There seems to be so many places that serve items on multigrain bread and/or buns I'm wondering what my DH will be able to eat. He can't have seeds, nuts, fruit or veggie skins, corn meal, etc. You would be amazed how limiting this is.

Disney is supposed to be fantastic handling food allergies and celiac, etc. I'm guessing that your DH may have diverticulosis(?) and needs to avoid the food to prevent the flare ups they cause. (My MIL had this) Perhaps making a note on your ADRs that these foods need to be avoided will help, and at the CS restaurants asking for items that don't have the ingredients that cause irritation. :hug:

eta- you might want to check on the DISabilities board too!

My DS 10 has sesame seed allergies. A lot of the Hamburger rolls have seeds on them. They replace the top with another bottom - and my DS 10 hates that - after all, according to him - it kills the taste of the hamburger. He is having a hard time with being "different".

I'm allergic to tree nuts, and Disney was very nice about making something for me to work around this allergy. Sometimes a piece of bread or garnish might not be included, but at least I didn't worry about the nuts.

I would make sure, as a previous poster mentioned, that it is noted on your ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter