1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Substitute for Kraft Red Wine Vinaigrette?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by minnie1012, Jun 23, 2013.

1. minnie1012

minnie1012 DIS Veteran

I recently found out that Kraft has discontinued their red wine vinaigrette dressing. It's one of our favorites and all my 4 year old eats on her salad! Since I have been searching for it for a few months, I have tried some other brands and I can't seem to find one that tastes like it. Does anyone know is there a store brand or another brand that tastes like it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

Have you tried making Good Seasons Italian with Red wine Vinegar?

Kae

4. Brit17

Brit17 DIS Veteran

Have you tried Wegman's brand, Wish Bone or Ken's? ... I'm not sure if they taste like Kraft's, however, I have found that these brands are quite good and buy them all the time ... :)

5. minnie1012

minnie1012 DIS Veteran

I tried Wishbone and Wegmans and didn't like either one. Ill have to try Ken's. I remember looking and didn't see a red wine Ken's but ill look again! Thanks.

6. Maleficent Dragon

Maleficent Dragon Member Since 2004; lost previous login.

You could make your own as well. It tastes better, has no GMOs or artificial additives and is better for you!! :0

7. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

I make my own, I use the Good Seasons packet and add olive oil and red wine vinegar. good luck!!

8. tar heel

tar heel <font color=royalblue>Where will we get our news i

9. Jaya

Jaya DIS Veteran

Wishbone has a red wine vinaigrette.

10. minnie1012

minnie1012 DIS Veteran

Tried it, its very tart. Not sure what the correct word is but very strong vinegar taste. Its not as light as the Kraft.

Thanks

11. hlg22

hlg22 Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 I googled for the ingredients to the Kraft dressing, and found: Water, Soybean Oil, Canola Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Sugar, Vinegar, Salt, Contains less than 2% of Dried Onions, Onion Juice, Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum With Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium Edta As Preservatives, Red 40, Apocarotenal (Color), Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Acetylated Monoglycerides.

Why anyone would rather put that on a salad rather than simply some good red wine vinegar + olive oil is beyond me, but to replicate it I'd try whisking red wine vinegar with canola oil instead of olive, maybe a pinch of onion powder and adding oodles of sugar.