Subbing appetizer for side dish?

RoyalJay

Mouseketeer
I've seen the question asked a lot as to whether someone can trade their dessert for an appetizer, and I understand the answer is no. My question is, what if you don't want an appetizer? Specifically I'm thinking of my picky 13 year old and we're thinking of trying a few signatures on the next trip. I'm guessing that the appetizers may not appeal to him, but several of the sides seem up his alley, like the Mac and Cheese at Le Cellier. Anyone have any luck with that type of substitution?

As a side question, if we decide not to use credits for him at a signature and just pay OOP, can we order him a side without a main dish? In other words, can he order that side of Mac and Cheese but no main dish? Thanks!

I've seen the question asked a lot as to whether someone can trade their dessert for an appetizer, and I understand the answer is no. My question is, what if you don't want an appetizer? Specifically I'm thinking of my picky 13 year old and we're thinking of trying a few signatures on the next trip. I'm guessing that the appetizers may not appeal to him, but several of the sides seem up his alley, like the Mac and Cheese at Le Cellier. Anyone have any luck with that type of substitution? Sorry, I have no idea

As a side question, if we decide not to use credits for him at a signature and just pay OOP, can we order him a side without a main dish? In other words, can he order that side of Mac and Cheese but no main dish? Yes, you absolutely can do this.

On the Deluxe Dining Plan you are entitled to an appetizer at lunch and dinner at any table service restaurant where you order from a menu. I haven't seen any reports that someone was able to sub a side dish for the app, but you can always ask. It might be possible at a Disney owned restaurant, but unlikely at a third party restaurant because they are reimbursed by Disney according to the rules of the dining plans so the appetizer component has to be ordered from the appetizer section of the menu and not the side dish section. Appetizers are not included on the regular dining plan at the signatures even though they cost 2 table credits per person.

When paying OOP you can order anything you wish so ordering just a side dish is fine. Just let your server know that you will not be using dining credits for your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter