Sub Section thread idea

aussiemickeys

Mouseketeer
I was just thinking how a lot of us Aussies visit a number of other places in the U.S. while we are on our Disney trips. Maybe one of the more computer savvy (definately not me that's for sure - I can only do the basics), might like to take the time to start a New York sub section, Las Vegas sub section & so on. Before these pages get too many, they could go through what we have so far on each in all the previous threads & copy them into the various sections. Then as we go along we can all just keep adding helpful hints under the various sub sections as well. Just thought I would throw the idea out there & see if people think it is worth it & also if someone would be willing to set it up.
Thanks.....

I was just thinking how a lot of us Aussies visit a number of other places in the U.S. while we are on our Disney trips. Maybe one of the more computer savvy (definately not me that's for sure - I can only do the basics), might like to take the time to start a New York sub section, Las Vegas sub section & so on. Before these pages get too many, they could go through what we have so far on each in all the previous threads & copy them into the various sections. Then as we go along we can all just keep adding helpful hints under the various sub sections as well. Just thought I would throw the idea out there & see if people think it is worth it & also if someone would be willing to set it up.
Thanks.....

Love the idea, now if only we knew someone who could do it:rotfl2:

Great idea....Perhaps we could put a post up in the Technical section and see if they can help us set up new sub forums.
  • New York/New England
  • Nevada and Arizona
  • California
  • Florida
  • Others

Any others?

I agree with the concept...but think as simple as East coast and west coast I think that would be enough. And one for Canada would be good.

Generally Australians travel to the West coast and will go in as far as Arizona and Nevada...so west coast covers most of that.
We have also headed north through WA to BC Canada but this isn't as common and can be just part of the west coast.

Once Aussies venture beyond that they generally head for Orlando (WDW) or NY. Then travel between these 2 points. As this is typically done on the same trip I think keeping all of the East Coast together also makes sense.

My point is Aussies don't travel like the Yanks or Canadians or even the British. That 12-15hour flight....we make the most of that so we do chunks of the States at a time rather than state by state....generally.

So I think East Coast, West Coast and Canada is a much better than splitting it too far.

I think it is a GREAT idea so thanks so much for bringing it up.
Now we just need someone to do it...lol...

I love the idea as well. It would definitely be more helpful and make the information so much easier to find. I agree with Queenie to have broad sections. Maybe just add an "other' for everything else that doesn't quite fit in.

I'm happy to post something in the Technical section to ask the question. If I'm reading the above correct, under Australia we should have the following sections:
  • West Coast
  • East Coast
  • Canada
  • Other

Do we want to add a "Disney only" subforum? Might cover off Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong as well for the Aussie Travellers...or will the Other subforum do it?
The alternative is to use the specific subforums already set up for Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

Let me know what you think of the subforums. I just want to make sure that we're happy with it before we get "someone" to set it up.

One other thing - I'm going to ask what is involved in getting a moderator assigned...I noticed that all the other forums seem to have moderators assigned but not the Other Lands section...

I'm guessing that if the "someone" sets this up that we would need a moderator to move the threads already there into the appropriate areas.

In the event that we get asked, is anyone here wanting to be a moderator?:surfweb:

Great Idea.

I'm happy to post info on other states I've been to as well (including the good, bad and ugly!) :lmao:

I'm happy to post something in the Technical section to ask the question. If I'm reading the above correct, under Australia we should have the following sections:
  • West Coast
  • East Coast
  • Canada
  • Other

Is it worth adding Hawaii - or would that be covered under 'other'? I like the idea of having different sections.

Just checking up on this thread. I'll leave this till the weekend of 13/14 March 10 and then submit a thread on the technical site.

Will stick to the 4 point sections unless there are a few more people that want to see Hawaii...

Just checked the thread in the tech section....lots of interests in looking at the post; but no response. I've tried to push it along...

I've tried to push the thread along over the weekend....no response. If we want this to happen, we might need to try a different tactic....or else, let it go?

PrincessInOz - thanks for your continuing efforts. I am not sure of the procedure to get this done. I, for one though would really like to see this happen as I can see this helping us as our section grows over time. Is there anything I can do (not very computer savvy though sorry) to help this along?

I'm going to try PM a webmaster (or two) to see if they will respond.

Failing this, I was thinking that we should all individually petition the webmasters or post individual threads with the same request in the Tech section.....let's see what others think...

I've tried to push this request again...

I tried to PM WebmasterPete..but there wasn't a PM for him; rather he pointed to the wdw homepage.

So, I went through the "contact us" section on the main/home page. There were a number of email addresses and one of them was pointing to feedback@wdwinfo.com. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

I'll keep looking up other webmasters and if any one of them has a PM, I'll drop them a note as well.

Another non update.

I bumped the thread in the Technical section again. Will give it a couple of days and then will start trying to contact webmasters....any webmasters.

Small update...one of the moderators responded to the thread and has provided me with the email address for the administration area. I've sent an email off this morning.

Good to know. I was going to suggest getting in touch with a moderator, any moderator, and getting them to point you in the right direction, but can see you've already done that :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter