Studio rooms vs. Deluxe resort rooms

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ccotis, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ccotis

ccotis Mouseketeer

It looks to me like the DVC Studio rooms are comprable in size to the deluxe resort rooms. I know the studio rooms at DVC have a kitchenette and a pull out sofa, but are there any other differences between a studio room and a room at lets say, a tower room at the Contemporary?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

FYI -- The studios at OKW have 2 queen size beds. The DVC rooms are very comparable to deluxe resort rooms. Almost all of them have a balcony/patio.

4. jaysue

jaysue DIS Veteran

CR, Poly and GF (400-440 square feet) rooms are bigger than DVC Studios - not sure if you would really notice the difference between those and OKW (376 square feet) for example - you would notice it for VWL, BCV, BWV (355-360 sq ft)

Deluxe rooms at WL and AKL at 340 square feet are smaller than any of the studios at DVC

Thanks
    jaysue

5. bcvillastwo

bcvillastwo DIS Veteran

I've stayed at a GF room and in BCV studio's and while I have no reason to doubt the dimensions previously posted, I find the studio rooms at BCV more comfortable because we had the pull out couch, end tables, coffee table, and the kitchenette. In addition, as I recall the closet is nicer in the studio.

It's also less expensive for me in the studio.

Well that's my opinion.

6. DeeP

DeeP DIS Veteran

I agree the studios at BWV, BCV and WLV feel bigger than the deluxe resort rooms because of only having 1 bed and the sofa. I know in actual sq footage they are smaller but they feel larger and more roomy, also the kitchenette is a very nice feature.

7. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

From the POS and some old Member Guidebooks and other sources:

Here are some reported room sizes for DVC resorts:

OKW
    Studio: 390 sq. ft.
    1 BR: 1005 sq. ft.
    2 BR: 1410 sq. ft.
    GV: 2375 sq. ft.

HH
    Studio: 455
    1BR: 856
    2BR: 1311
    GV: 2362

BWV
    Studio: 359 sq. ft.
    1 BR: 712 sq. ft.
    2 BR: 1071 sq. ft.
    GV: 2142 sq. ft.

VB
    Studio: 375
    1BR: 880
    2BR: 1265
    GV: 2125

VWL
    Studio: 356
    1BR: 727
    2BR: 1083
    GV: None

BCV
    Studio:356
    1BR: 719
    2BR: 1075
    GV: None

SSR
    Studio: 356
    1BR: 725
    2BR: 1080
    GV: 2140

Room Sizes at Other WDW Resorts:

AKL: 344

YC/BC: 381

CBR: 340

CR: 436

CSR: 315

PO: 315

GF: 340-400

POLY: 391-483

G Ca: 353

Paradise Pier: 350

DLH: 407

DLH-P: 365.84 (converted from metric!)

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

The studio setup works better with 2 people than 3 or 4. When we took my 9 year old niece to GF before joining DVC, my mom took 1 queen, I took the other queen and my niece took the twin size daybed. Everyone got their own bed.

9. DeeP

DeeP DIS Veteran

Doc,
    You forgot BWI. How large are the Inn rooms? For some reason these rooms feel larger to me than the YC/BC rooms but they probably are not, we have gotten lucky at the Inn and always request an end room that has the windows on one side and then the balcony It is amazing how the windows make the room appear so much more open.

10. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

Since BWI is not and has never been available on points, DVC has never provided that information. I'd assume they are similar in size to rooms at BC/YC. The room sizes for these resorts was all listed in the Member's Guidebook a few years ago as reference for the Disney Collection option for DVC members.

I agree the room layout can certainly affect the perception we have of a room. Location of windows and even furniture can play a big role in how large a room "feels".

11. DeeP

DeeP DIS Veteran

Ok, thanks for the reply. I did not realize all the resorts you listed were at one time available on pts nor that DVC provided info was your source. I am sure all the WDW room size info is available very easily somewhere on the internet and I agree probably the YC/BC/BWI rooms are pretty similiar in size.
    Thanks again!