Stroller Rental at Resorts?

donnajz

DIS Veteran
A friend is leaving for Disney tomorrow and staying at ASMu. He thought he could rent a stroller when he checks in at ASMu and keep it for an entire week until check out. I thought you had to rent the stroller daily at the parks. Please let me know.

You are correct. The resorts do not rent strollers. If you rent a stroller at a theme park then you'll have to leave it there when you leave that particular theme park.

Once upon a time resorts had strollers. When we took my grandson for his first visit in November 1995 we stayed at the then new WL. We just went to the desk (which is gone -- was across from the store heading to the villas). You could get a complimentary stroller there. You had to put down a cc and there was a $200 deposit required. We used the stroller one day and went to discovery island. We returned it a few days later, but we never used it at the parks because we were afraid someone might take it and we would be paying $200 for a $49 stroller. It had a huge tag on it that said property of the Wilderness Lodge. It was also the same place where you could get complimentary wheelchairs at the resort too. One of the many perks that are long gone. We didn't take a stroller for GS, since the rentals were only $5 a day.

For the cost of park rental, I'd take my own at $15 a day for a single. The line and finding the one that belongs to you when they all look the same. They are hard plastic, so they aren't real comfortable for the kids either.

They also have very basic strollers for sale at resort gift shops and even the parks. If your friend doesn't need any bells and whistles that may work. They are around $40 plus tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter