strange request...I need your help/advice

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by newfiegirl, Apr 3, 2013.

1. newfiegirl

newfiegirl Hello Mickey!

All of a sudden our party of 11 has jumped to 15 family members (reuniting from all over Canada and US). I need a house that has 6 or 7 bedrooms, or a group of condos or some place to put us all. Is it possible that someone out there can help me? I also have 2 families in the group on a tight budget, so that's not helping matters either. I have put in literally hundreds of requests for prices/availability on housing rental sites and I cannot get anything with the dates I want: July 3-10. We don't know anything about the Orlando area, so somewhere within driving distance to the parks would be nice. Please, Please, Please help or steer me in the right direction.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kokomos

kokomos Mouseketeer

have you looked on ebay?

4. kokomos

kokomos Mouseketeer

5. LuvMyEAR

LuvMyEAR Mouseketeer

Not a strange request at all. BTW, best of luck planning this trip...it takes a lot of patience and understanding to co-ordinate a group!

Check vrbo.com, if you haven't already done so. It is fairly easy to search. Look for the area "Kissimmee Central West" enter your size requirements (6+ bedrooms) Emerald Island Resort is showing a couple of 7 bedroom places available for those dates, and one is fairly reasonable, in my mind.

Now, given that you are travelling at a PEAK time, you know you will be paying High or Holiday season rates. Ouch! And that parks will be crowded. Very crowded. Weather will be hotter than heck. You certainly will not need to pay for pool heat.

Emerald Island Resort is a decent location. It is about 10 min to WDW, and about 25-30 to Universal and Sea World areas. You will find convenient stores close at hand. Kissimmee is definitely our preferred base when we travel to the area. There are 2 Formosa resorts which a bit closer to WDW, as well as some others, but not all offer 7 bedroom homes.

A word of warning, many owners will adhere strictly to the posted max # of guests, due to fire regulations, so try to steer clear of any which sleep up to 14 if you have 15 guests, even infants.

This may sound a bit negative in tone...it is not meant to be so in any way! Orlando is my favourite vacation destination ever, and you will have lots of fun. Having stayed in vacation homes a number of times, I would never go back to a hotel room. In fact, my DD & I ended up in a 3 BR condo for just 2 of us...it was competitively priced and we really enjoy our own space. LOL. But do be prepared for the heat and crowds.

6. dougsmom98

dougsmom98 DIS Veteran

Here is a company that advertises homes that can be rented that are next door to one another. They also have some 7 bedroom homes. There is one towards the bottom that sleeps 16 people. It would be worth checking some of these out.
    http://www.orlando4villas.com/sidebyside.php

7. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

I noticed Villa Direct has 6 and 7 bedroom homes. I checked into them once and found a 4 bedroom for $100 a night so I would think you could get a 6 bedroom for around $300 or $400 a night with a pool and a game room. Not sure about your dates. You are kinda close to your dates already and summer dates usually book up months and months in advance.

8. Lisa AF

Lisa AF DIS Veteran

We have stayed in homes on 27. Don't be afraid of renting a home in the davenport and Clermont areas. The homes will be more affordable and you'll still be in easy driving distance.
    If you need help with a search, inbox me. We have rented many homes in the area. I know it can be overwhelming the first time.