Strange question

djamesdisney1st

Earning My Ears
We are a family that requires white noise....

Does anyone know if:
1) at POFQ is there a constant fan option on the A/C units? OR
2) are there fans available to borrow from housekeeping?

I don't know that they have fans available, but we always bring our own. I was able to find pretty small fans that work perfectly for the white noise (from Walmart). We never travel without them. Check the camping section, they fold flat for easy packing.

I recommend a "Marsona Travel Sound Conditioner" - it's a white noise machine with a travel case. Small, compact, and noisy. I use it at home too.

The non fan white noise things never seem to give off the 'right' sound for me LOL I'm so picky. The only thing that works is the constant hum of a fan or the constant fan of the a/c unit.

I will have to look for the folding fans.

We are staying there in July! I am glad to see I am not the only one who travels with a fan at WDW!:tink:

If you have a tablet or a smartphone, you can download a number of white noise or sleep time apps. These will give you a variety of background noises for sleeping.

True, it will drain your battery overnight to leave your device on, but you can recharge it in the morning. (My tablet will run for about ten hours without a charge and my phone for a bit longer than that.)

If you have a tablet or a smartphone, you can download a number of white noise or sleep time apps. These will give you a variety of background noises for sleeping.

True, it will drain your battery overnight to leave your device on, but you can recharge it in the morning. (My tablet will run for about ten hours without a charge and my phone for a bit longer than that.)

Or you can leave your smartphone or tablet plugged in all night. These white noise apps work well for me. I'm a fan person at home (during the summer), but use the apps the rest of the time.

I generally stop at Walmart and buy one for less than twenty bucks. Then, I just leave it behind.

I hear you! I am a white noise needer- I also like a bit of air flow in my room at all times. Not a lot, just a little. Here's my solution, I have a small box fan (about 6" by 8" by 3") and I pack it in my suitcase. Can't sleep in a hotel without it.

Try Walgreens and other drugstores- that's where I found mine (I am on my 3rd by now). It's small and packs easily. HTH

Yes, you can leave the fan on on the AC at POFQ. You'll still hear a change when the compressor kicks on, but you can set the fan to be constant using the thermostat.

It's NOT loud enough to drown out the compressor, but it does help! There are also ceiling fans, but they don't really make much noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter