Strange Happenings on the DCL Website

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Pinocchio #1 Fan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Pinocchio #1 Fan

Pinocchio #1 Fan Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

So I was just looking at my reservation for a Western Carribean cruise out of Galveston. I'm on the Wonder, departing September 28, 2013. The cruise I boked is scheduled to stop in Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. When I pulled up my reservation, and clicked the itinerary button, the animated map shows the ship stoping in Falmouth, Jamacia, and not in Costa Maya. However, the printed itinerary shows the stop in Costa Maya as originally scheduled, and has no mention of Falmouth. To my knowledge, DCL doesn't even stop in Jamaica now. Could this possibly be a clue about 2014 stops?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Interesting :goodvibes

4. Midnightred

Midnightred DIS Veteran

Has to be! Great discovery!

Midnightred

5. becpee

becpee I see sock puppets

6. ILoveWD

ILoveWD Mouseketeer

To the OP, thanks for seeing that one. Gives us all that are waiting for 2014hope that an announcement will come soon.

I mentioned your find on a couple of other 2014 threads that I have been following.

7. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

They've changed my cruises before
    (8 night out of Galveston changed from Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel to Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral, Key West)
    Maybe they're changing yours as well, to appease the people who say the new itineraries aren't "interesting" enough.

8. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Interesting! I'm booking this cruise soon.

9. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

Looks like every Wonder cruise after September 28 has the same itinerary with a stop in Jamaica.

10. BlakeandMaddysMomma

BlakeandMaddysMomma Mouseketeer

We were in Falmouth almost 4 years ago and they were just starting to work in the port then. Seems about right that it should be ready by then!

11. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

Hmm. I just checked the cruise we have booked (Thanksgiving of 2013 on the Wonder, departing from Galveston) and it is just as you say. The writing still lists the "correct" ports as they were when we booked--including Costa Maya--however the map replaces Costa Maya with Jamaica.

Even though we have this cruise booked, we haven't received any notification of a port change.

12. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

Keep us posted as you learn more. (Just popping in to say hi to Pinocchio #1 fan - hope you're doing well and I'm jealous of your upcoming cruise!)

13. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

Not sure if this is related, but when DW opened the DCL webpage this morning she saw a picture that she thought was Aruba, and the picture scroll option was 1 of 1. She opened another tab and reopened the DCL page and got the standard 4 pics. She said this has happened before recently. I had taken a screenshot, but looks like we didn't save it. I wonder if the website is in the process of getting updated?

cgolf

14. Laurali

Laurali Mouseketeer

there are the same reports and chatter on the 2014 itineraries thread..most are guessing that fall 2013 cruises will change as well when the 2014 dates are released.

15. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Here's hoping! There's a lot to do in Jamaica, mon. Costa Maya is a real yawner.

16. Pinocchio #1 Fan

Pinocchio #1 Fan Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

DizDays- We are doing fantastic, although we'd be doing better if there was a NHL season going on. We can never forget you guys, as you were the only ones to catch us in the act of delivering FE gifts on the Alaska cruise! And of course I can't say hello without saying GO DUCKS!

jdb in AZ- I'm actualy excited to see Jamaica instead of Costa Maya. It makes me much more excited about the cruise!

17. BlakeandMaddysMomma

BlakeandMaddysMomma Mouseketeer

It would be much better if they were using the other port in Jamaica which is in Ochos Rios. much closer to everything. Falmouth is about an hour away from there.

18. MISSREBECCA76

MISSREBECCA76 "Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Pr

I think by using this port they can offer excursions in both Negril & Ocho! I hope this happens Disney and Jamaica together would be our two favorite vacations spots wrapped up in one!!

19. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

You guys may want to check out the 2014 threads here (there are 2) - there are posts about the "clues" DCL has left. They have that map which shows Jamaica, pics of southern Caribbean ports (which have now had their names changed), & new European ports. Some of us there feel DCL will be changing some of the fall 2013 cruises, not just clueing us in to 2014. You guys are late to the party - we've been chatting about this since last Thurs ;)

Just go to the last few pages of each thread & check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

20. PirateLife4Me:)

PirateLife4Me:) Mouseketeer

Where are these clues that Disney has been leaving for new ports?

21. nhgirl

nhgirl Mouseketeer

DCL's web site under the slide show has pictures of St. Croix, St. Lucia etc...