Storytellers Cafe

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by gochief58, Jan 8, 2012.

1. gochief58

gochief58 Mouseketeer

Hi all. We are wdw vets and looking for a great character meal. Does Storytellers have the best selection of the more rare characters? We are going in July and would really like to get photos with hard to find characters. Thanks for any help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney4us2

Disney4us2 Mouseketeer

Storytellers has animal characters. In the past there has been Koda and Kenai from brother bear. Turk, pluto, chip and dale. I think Baloo was there at one time. They do switch them out. The breakfast there is my favorite character one. I love their buffet.

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland

Not necessarily "rare", but woodland characters. We have seen the following there:

Baloo
    Chip & Dale
    Koda & Kenai
    Meeko
    Timon
    Brer Bear
    Turk
    Pinocchio (maybe because he's made of wood??)

My favorite thing about Storytellers is the relaxed atmosphere and excellent food. It doesn't get loud and crazy like at Goofy's Kitchen.

5. tinkcollector

tinkcollector DIS Veteran

Just like a WDW different dining areas provide different characters.
    Disney4us2 and DangerMouse have listed the characters you will find at Storytellers Cafe. I believe Storryteller's only has characters for breakfast.
    However, if you are looking for more variety I would go to Goofy's Kitchen. They have characters at all meals and a variety.
    The others would be;
    Ariel's Grotto in DCA - Princesses (believe they are at all meals)
    Disney's PCH Grill in the PPH - Mickey and Friends (believe they are at all meals)
    Plaza Inn in DL - Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, etc.. (Breakfast only for characters)
    Also, my expierence is a little different from DangerMouses. I believe it is where you sit in either restaurants (Storytellers or Goofy's) if you want relaxed and quiet. I find both buffets load, unless we are seated in a corner. :tink:

6. mellers

mellers DIS Veteran

When we were thre (Christmas Eve), we saw Meeko, Koda, Chip, Dale, and Terk. Kenai was supposed to put in an appearance, but he was ill.

7. larina

larina DIS Veteran

We saw the above, plus Geppetto (and Travis Barker from Blink 182) on Dec. 27.

We like the option of eating from the buffet or ordering off the menu. We also the food quality!!! We really enjoyed it and will be back, for sure!

8. Sherry E

Sherry E Currently tag-less... Moderator

All of the previous posters have given great info about which characters to find at the Critter Breakfast.

I will add that Chip & Dale and Koda & Kenai are the most consistent characters I have seen at Storytellers. You are pretty much guaranteed to see at least one character - if not both - from those two duos if you do the character meal. Sometimes Chip & Dale are not there together, and the same thing applies to Koda and Kenai. But often times they are all there at the same time.

Chip & Dale are not rare at DLR - they can also be found at Goofy's Kitchen and at Minnie & Friends. But the Critter Breakfast is the only meal where you will find Koda and Kenai...and Terk, if it's a day when Terk is there. Meeko and Rafiki, I think, occasionally show up at Minnie & Friends breakfast. Baloo occasionally pops in to Storytellers, but he can often be found at Goofy's Kitchen.

My character sightings at the Critter Breakfast have been Koda, Kenai, Chip, Dale, Terk, Meeko - and Rafiki a long, long time ago (who may have been there with Timon, but I can't remember). I think Baloo was showing up as I was leaving one time. I also saw Pluto there back in 2001 (maybe Pluto runs through the forest and that's how he qualified to be a woodsy character?:rotfl2:).

I've never seen any more than 5 characters at the Critter Breakfast at one time, and sometimes only 4 characters, but I don't really hold that against them because I think that all the character meals (with the exception of Minnie & Friends) fluctuate in the number of characters on site at any given time.

Minnie & Friends is the meal that most consistently has a lot of characters on site at one time - usually, anywhere from 8 to 14 characters!! That one has more characters than any of the other meals, as a rule.

9. mellers

mellers DIS Veteran

My daughter just reminded me that we also saw Rafiki

10. gochief58

gochief58 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info. I am thinking maybe I should look into Minnie and Friends if they have that many characters....WOW

11. larina

larina DIS Veteran

A great choice if it characters you are after!!! Have fun! whatever you decide.