Storybook Circus "Unutilized" Area

Looks a little junky to me but with the removal of so many of the benches I guess I should be thankful except I spend so little time in that area of the park.

It doesn't look much different than it has. Thrift seating, tables and benches, charging and FP+ have been there. It seems like there are a few added chairs but I know when I've gone by it's been full of folks eating, resting, charging and sitting out of the sun.

It worked really well at the MVMCP for meeting Sandy Claws.

It doesn't look much different than it has. Thrift seating, tables and benches, charging and FP+ have been there. It seems like there are a few added chairs but I know when I've gone by it's been full of folks eating, resting, charging and sitting out of the sun.

It worked really well at the MVMCP for meeting Sandy Claws.

Yep, I'm having an odd Deja Vu moment. . . I didn't go in there on my most recent trip, but I swear I saw pictures during my planning that I thought looked just about exactly like this. Perhaps it was closed off and reopened or they added more charging or seating?

Yep, I'm having an odd Deja Vu moment. . . I didn't go in there on my most recent trip, but I swear I saw pictures during my planning that I thought looked just about exactly like this. Perhaps it was closed off and reopened or they added more charging or seating?

It looks like there may be additional seating to increase capacity but the thrift store furniture was already in there. As weather gets warmer combined with the increased crowds I think they may find the water play area a busy spot. This is a shaded area for folks to rest and charge with bathrooms next door and close proximity to several kiddie rides. It might not be an attraction but has a purpose - particularly in summer time.

Last edited:
isnt is supposed to look like that? i mean real circuses just accumulate different things along the way, so thats why there are all the different chairs. i think its cute and charming place to sit and relax off the beaten path.

Why did they remove Fast Pass+ kiosks from there? I was looking for that spot last October and was disappointed to learn I had to go all the way into crowded Fantasyland to get to the nearest kiosk.

Why did they remove Fast Pass+ kiosks from there? I was looking for that spot last October and was disappointed to learn I had to go all the way into crowded Fantasyland to get to the nearest kiosk.

Just going to guess here.
- Once they opened up FP+ booking online on MDE to non-Disney hotel guests the need for that many day-of-FP+ kiosks was reduced.
- It's not the only one that closed so I assume they looked to see which were being used the most and were more centrally located.

I'd be OK with it if they added some food and beverage carts near it, and had some live entertainment (like a piano player). Just an idea.

I agree with most of the pp, it looks awful! Very thrown together, kind of like they just grabbed whatever junk found out on the curb on garbage day and stuck in. Not your best, Disney!

If there is theming in there, it is lost on me. :)
It looks to me like that's (supposed to be) where the "circus folk" hang out when they're not in the show. Take a peek behind the trailers at your next county fair--similar (albeit a scary version) theme ;). Not saying I like it, but I think I get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter