Stormalong Bay

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by purpliequeen, Aug 2, 2006.

1. purpliequeen

purpliequeen DIS Veteran

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how crowded Stormalong Bay is during June (11-18th). Is it so crowded that all the beach chairs are taken and that it's almost impossible to walk on the path without dodging billions of other guests?

Thanks for your help.
    Raina

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BrianD

BrianD DIS Veteran

We have stayed there in July and while there were times it was crowded, we were always able to find chairs without much of a problem. I wouldn't worry about it. It is the summer and more folks are wanting to swim, but that pool is so huge that it accomodates everyone.

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yep, it is.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

That has, unfortunately, been my experience.

6. Linda/MA

Linda/MA DIS Veteran

We were just there June 14-19 and it was pretty crowded but not intolerable. We always managed to find some chairs but not always in the prime locations. Get down there by 9:00 am and you'll have no problem. Walking along the paths was fine. :sunny:

7. my_try

my_try Mouseketeer

I took these pictures at Stormalong Bay on June 17, 2005 at about 2 in the afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all while we were there that week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kathy

8. purpliequeen

purpliequeen DIS Veteran

Thank you so much, MyTry! Much appreciated pictures :sunny: . The pool is gorgeous and you're right- not too crowded. I guess it all depends on the weather, time, etc. I'm looking forward to next June. My best friend and I are going right after high school graduation. It's the best graduation present ever!

Raina