Stormalong Bay to be closed in Nov.?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by simba2, Sep 10, 2004.

1. simba2

simba2 DIS Veteran

I read in someone's post in my daily Frommer's Budget Travel email newsletter that Stormalong Bay would be closed at Thanksgiving for renovations. Is there truth to this? Has anyone else heard this? If it is true, then where would YC guests be able to swim?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CoolDisneyCat

CoolDisneyCat DVC member - BCV

In our recent DVC quarterly magazine, it said different parts will be closed for several months but there will "no inconvenience to guests". Now exactly what that means, I am not sure. There is a quiet pool at the YC.

The article said the slide was going to be closed because of some painting in the area, but that was in Jan. and Feb. 2 years ago when the slide was closed, YC/BC guests were allowed to go to the pool over at the BW.

4. simba2

simba2 DIS Veteran

Thanks!

5. MrsJ Henry

MrsJ Henry DIS Veteran

This was one of the reasons we were going to YC in Nov.
    We will be there Nov17-22. Does anyone have any more info on this?

6. B3LM

B3LM Disney Fan

I've spoken with the concierge staff about this. Stormalong Bay will be open in November. They will be doing cosmetic improvements (i.e. painting).

More complete refurbishments will begin in January, so it may be closed starting then.