Stopping in the RV on the way to the Fort

Glenn&Sharon

Mouseketeer
Dunno if I should post this here or over in Transportation. We are going to be driving a 32 ft RV, coming in on I-95 & I-4, and wondering if there's and easy stop for sundries like milk, bread & beer. I _hate_ pulling into places that are hard to get out of.

Seemed to me the closer to WDW we got the smaller the parking lots got around stores, and tighter.

I would think your best bet would be somewhere south of Jacksonville, maybe look online for a Publix near the Expressway. I-4 was pretty heavily under construction near Daytona, besides the usual mess that is I-4 you will have that to contend with.

We are coming down 95 this week as well and have a similar sized rig. We stopped at a Walmart near Orlando last year and it was a tiny parking lot. Never again!

I have a Walmart Supercenter mapped out just north of Jacksonville. We will stock up there and then continue to march south on 95. What I would recommend is that you consider not taking i4. Instead you can take 95S all the way to the 407>528>417 which will bring you right to WDW and bypass i4 completely. It will cost a few bucks in tolls but it will save you a couple hours of frustration likely. I ordered the Sunpass online and it arrived a few days later so I won't even need to carry change for the tolls. If you have an EZ pass as well, be advised that it won't work on FL toll roads so you need that Sunpass. Good luck!

There is a Walmart Super center at exit 215 in Titusville that has a large parking lot you could stop at also. Then the exit for the 407 is about 15 min. south of there. I know that area pretty well, use to live there years ago.

There is a Walmart Super center at exit 215 in Titusville that has a large parking lot you could stop at also. Then the exit for the 407 is about 15 min. south of there. I know that area pretty well, use to live there years ago.

Good call. I just adjusted my trip plan to hit that Walmart instead of the one up near Jacksonville. This is a much better idea. Thanks!

We like to stop in Kingsland GA, exit 2 I believe - a KMart and a Publix there right across the street from one another - nice and big parking lots, easy in and out. Then we bed down for the night at the next exit (there is a KOA and an indy called Country Oaks there, both are good). Then we head to the Fort the next morning, about 3 hours from there :)

We stopped in Kingsland last week. We parked in the back in our 32' RV. I took the dog for a walk near the woods while H went inside and shopped. Then he left he wallet in there so we got to go back 15 mins later (thankfully we went to get gas down the road and realized he left it -- if we had started back on 95 it would have been such a hassle!)

Looks like that will be the stop. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter