"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

I'm just going to add in here that I have never been a big "selfie" taker...until this trip. Now the boys know the word. Nate will come up to me with one of his toy phones and say "let's take a selfie!" :confused:
Ha, I can relate to this. As you know, I was taking constant selfies (of me and Izzy, usually) on our trips. Handy when you're on your own with a child! :thumbsup2

Our whole train was singing at the top of their lungs. Disney chills, for sure! :goodvibes
What a cool moment! Reminds me of being at the MN State Fair years ago and we were riding the Skyway (gondola) and Sweet Caroline was playing down below. Well, all of the people in the Skyway cars all around us, going both directions (including us), started singing along. It was one of the coolest spontaneous moments! Sounds like your Mine Train ride was much the same - so fun! :goodvibes

Love all the bonus pictures. Sleeping boys is too cute! :lovestruc

I just found and made it through your TR today! Love it :) We plan on going next year in the beginning of October and can't wait for MNSSHP. Interesting to see your version of Disney... I have 3 girls, ALL the princesses ALL the time princess:

Great pics! I love the last one, too cute!!

Thanks - I love that picture too! It was the perfect end to our party night!

All your sleeping babies!! That photo was too sweet!!

And I adore the one of little Tigger :tigger:

Thank you! Disney pictures make me so happy!

Ha, I can relate to this. As you know, I was taking constant selfies (of me and Izzy, usually) on our trips. Handy when you're on your own with a child! :thumbsup2

What a cool moment! Reminds me of being at the MN State Fair years ago and we were riding the Skyway (gondola) and Sweet Caroline was playing down below. Well, all of the people in the Skyway cars all around us, going both directions (including us), started singing along. It was one of the coolest spontaneous moments! Sounds like your Mine Train ride was much the same - so fun! :goodvibes

Love all the bonus pictures. Sleeping boys is too cute! :lovestruc

I took more selfies on this trip than the rest of my life combined! :rotfl2:

That sounds like a great moment! I love when everyone comes together for something like that - it just makes it so magical!

Lurking. :)

That video of your son dancing is absolutely precious!! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! And thanks for following along!! :goodvibes

I just found and made it through your TR today! Love it :) We plan on going next year in the beginning of October and can't wait for MNSSHP. Interesting to see your version of Disney... I have 3 girls, ALL the princesses ALL the time princess:

Thanks for joining in! We loved our October trip! We're going in May 2016 but after that we are thinking either Halloween 2017 or Christmas 2017!

Yes, how different our Disney trips must be! We met princesses because I'm the one that books the FP+. Once the boys get a little older I think I'll be on my own!

thanks for letting me know about fp+ and MNSSHP. i will def. link our party tix to MDE as soon as we get them! does it work the same, i.e. each person gets 3?

thanks for letting me know about fp+ and MNSSHP. i will def. link our party tix to MDE as soon as we get them! does it work the same, i.e. each person gets 3?

I'm happy I could help! Yes - you get 3 FP+. Just make sure you select times within the 4-7 window.

Looking at my plans, these were my FP+ for our MNSSHP day.

Peter Pan 3:30-4:30
Winnie the Pooh 4:30-5:30
Little Mermaid 5:30-6:30

We were able to enter the park and make it back for our first FP+ in plenty of time!

I'm happy I could help! Yes - you get 3 FP+. Just make sure you select times within the 4-7 window.

Looking at my plans, these were my FP+ for our MNSSHP day.

Peter Pan 3:30-4:30
Winnie the Pooh 4:30-5:30
Little Mermaid 5:30-6:30

We were able to enter the park and make it back for our first FP+ in plenty of time!
Awesome! those were actually the same 3 I started looking at after finding out we could do this. sweet!!!

Awesome! those were actually the same 3 I started looking at after finding out we could do this. sweet!!!

Great choices! We spent most of our MK time in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland!

It looks like your boys really enjoy the Winnie the Pooh queue. Gotta love those Disney details!

I love the interactive queues! They make the wait times so much easier to deal with!

Lunch and Fun in Adventureland

After our fun morning in Fantasyland, it was time to head over to Liberty Square for our 11:40 lunch ADR at this little place:

I had been dreaming, DREAMING about a dessert I had been drooling over on blogs and TRs for months. I’m pretty sure everyone knows what I’m talking about…

We had a short wait, maybe 10 minutes, after checking in and then we were led to a round table in the lower dining room. Our waitress was great! My mom and I split the Declaration Salad and Pilgrim’s Feast, my dad and Jim both got some kind of fish and chips. I ordered Jake the kid’s turkey dinner and I was going to get Nate and Colin each the kid’s pasta with marinara. The waitress said the pasta dish was pretty big and plenty to split so we just ordered one. There was plenty to share!

We all enjoyed our food (the best salad dressing EVER!) but were really waiting for this big plate of delicious!

Picture courtesy of Disney Food Blog since I was too concerned with EATING it to take a picture! :rotfl:

After scraping the plate clean, it was time for a quick bathroom break before heading out!

On the way out of Liberty Tree Tavern, we had another great CM moment. Nate had worked really hard coloring his palcemat during lunch. He even wrote “Mickey” and his name at the bottom. He had just recently started writing all of his letters so this was a big deal for him! He told me he had colored the picture for Mickey and wanted to mail it to him. I said sure, great idea! thinking we would just slip it into my bag and probably forget about it. Well, Nate told the hostess all about his letter to Mickey on the way out and she said “Oh, if you give it to me. I’ll put it in our special Disney mail and it will get to Mickey right away!” She made Nate’s day! Pixie dust! :tink:

*Preview - That Mickey mail will be a big deal during a special character meet later in the evening! :goodvibes

We headed over to Adventureland for our next FP+. One of my favorite things (on a list of 537) about Magic Kingdom is how your transition and are completely immersed in each land. You walk over the bridge and suddenly the scenery, sounds, everything...just transports you to a new place!

We had a 12:45 FP+ for Jungle Cruise next!

Our wait was less than 10 minutes. I loved looking at all the details in the queue!

We really had a great guide but it seemed like I was the only one laughing at this jokes sometimes. :confused3

Nate was a little confused during the cruise. “Are these animals real or robots?” I can see how it would be difficult to tell since he knew we were going on a “real” safari later that week!

Next we headed right over the the Magic Carpets. The posted wait was an accurate 10 minutes and soon we were flying!

As soon as we got off, I got super excited because I saw Aladdin and Jasmine meeting but the line was closed. :eek: Oh well, maybe we could catch them that evening!

It was well after 1:30 by this point and I knew we needed to head back to AOA for a break since we had an evening FP+.

But we couldn’t head out without a stop at the Emporium! Everyone browsed for a bit.

I got some souvenirs for friends at home and snapped some pictures of the cute Halloween displays.

While everyone else finished up, I stepped outside to catch these guys in action!

I was so excited that I was able to catch them! :hyper:

Here is a short video of the Dans telling some cute jokes!

I dragged my feet walking away because I really wanted to watch the whole performance. But cranky kids would be no fun that evening, so to the break we must go!

I did get shot of the cute pumpkin guys (lady? baker?)!

We got back to AOA and Nate requested a shot with one of the many Hidden Mickey’s on the hallway carpet. We loved counting these on our walk back to the room!

By the way, there are 8 between the entrance near the Mine! seagulls and our room!

One last shot of our towel animals

then it was time for a rest because we had a very important mouse to meet that evening! :mickeyjum

Next up

“Mommy, he called me his PAL!”

Last edited:
Lunch and Fun in Adventureland

After our fun morning in Fantasyland, it was time to head over to Liberty Square for our 11:40 lunch ADR at this little place:

I had been dreaming, DREAMING about a dessert I had been drooling over on blogs and TRs for months. I’m pretty sure everyone knows what I’m talking about…

We had a short wait, maybe 10 minutes, after checking in and then we were led to a round table in the lower dining room. Our waitress was great! My mom and I split the Declaration Salad and Pilgrim’s Feast, my dad and Jim both got some kind of fish and chips. I ordered Jake the kid’s turkey dinner and I was going to get Nate and Colin each the kid’s pasta with marinara. The waitress said the pasta dish was pretty big and plenty to split so we just ordered one. There was plenty to share!

We all enjoyed our food (the best salad dressing EVER!) but were really waiting for this big plate of delicious!

Picture courtesy of Disney Food Blog since I was too concerned with EATING it to take a picture! :rotfl:

After scraping the plate clean, it was time for a quick bathroom break before heading out!

On the way out of Liberty Tree Tavern, we had another great CM moment. Nate had worked really hard coloring his palcemat during lunch. He even wrote “Mickey” and his name at the bottom. He had just recently started writing all of his letters so this was a big deal for him! He told me he had colored the picture for Mickey and wanted to mail it to him. I said sure, great idea! thinking we would just slip it into my bag and probably forget about it. Well, Nate told the hostess all about his letter to Mickey on the way out and she said “Oh, if you give it to me. I’ll put it in our special Disney mail and it will get to Mickey right away!” She made Nate’s day! Pixie dust! :tink:

*Preview - That Mickey mail will be a big deal during a special character meet later in the evening! :goodvibes

We headed over to Adventureland for our next FP+. One of my favorite things (on a list of 537) about Magic Kingdom is how your transition and are completely immersed in each land. You walk over the bridge and suddenly the scenery, sounds, everything...just transports you to a new place!

We had a 12:45 FP+ for Jungle Cruise next!

Our wait was less than 10 minutes. I loved looking at all the details in the queue!

We really had a great guide but it seemed like I was the only one laughing at this jokes sometimes. :confused3

Nate was a little confused during the cruise. “Are these animals real or robots?” I can see how it would be difficult to tell since he knew we were going on a “real” safari later that week!

Next we headed right over the the Magic Carpets. The posted wait was an accurate 10 minutes and soon we were flying!

As soon as we got off, I got super excited because I saw Aladdin and Jasmine meeting but the line was closed. :eek: Oh well, maybe we could catch them that evening!

It was well after 1:30 by this point and I knew we needed to head back to AOA for a break since we had an evening FP+.

But we couldn’t head out without a stop at the Emporium! Everyone browsed for a bit.

I got some souvenirs for friends at home and snapped some pictures of the cute Halloween displays.

While everyone else finished up, I stepped outside to catch these guys in action!

I was so excited that I was able to catch them! :hyper:

Here is a short video of the Dans telling some cute jokes!

I dragged my feet walking away because I really wanted to watch the whole performance. But cranky kids would be no fun that evening, so to the break we must go!

I did get shot of the cute pumpkin guys (lady? baker?)!

We got back to AOA and Nate requested a shot with one of the many Hidden Mickey’s on the hallway carpet. We loved counting these on our walk back to the room!

By the way, there are 8 between the entrance near the Mine! seagulls and our room!

One last shot of our towel animals

then it was time for a rest because we had a very important mouse to meet that evening! :mickeyjum

Next up

“Mommy, he called me his PAL!”

On our last trip I made, and canceled, and ADR for Liberty Tree about a hundred times. I decided to pull the trigger this year specifically for that dessert, but then I remembered they will be closed for refurb :(

You are so right about the transitions throughout the lands. It is so well done. I'm also loving all the fall decorations in your pictures!

Liberty Tree looks yum! I'm glad you got your dessert!

I adore the picture of your family on Aladdin, very cute how it's set up.

The DDs!! They're the best!

Can't wait to see how the letter to Mickey reappears!

Ooooh, I’ve never been to LTT, but someday I need to make it there for that dessert, since everyone raves about it. Very curious how the Mickey placemat comes into play later. Glad you had a good meal!

Aw, that’s too bad that the other passengers didn’t get into the whole Jungle Cruise spiel as much. We’ve had that happen too. Oh, well, still fun.

Love the Dapper Dans! (And cute little fairy that walked by at the end).

Can’t wait to hear about Talking Mickey! :goodvibes

Sounds like a good lunch - with great dessert! And so nice of your waitress to do that! I am intrigued by your tease for the rest of that story :thumbsup2

They do a great job with most of the transitions (the water and bridges help with that) - but the one to Adventureland is the best I think.

Love the Jungle Cruise but when no one else on the boat is into the puns it does take away from it a bit.

Always tough to leave but sometimes breaks are needed - even if painful at the time

I just found your report and am enjoying reading it. I've only gotten through a few post, but I can tell your boy's are going to love it! Can't wait until I can get back and get caught up!

Ball, Break, Bongos

It was finally time to head into Spaceship Earth! Jake was so excited that I could hardly hold him as we parked the strollers and headed over.

I was so excited! It was time for a real Disney classic! :goodvibes

Our FP+ was for 1:25 and we sailed through the line with green Mickey heads! The posted wait was 60 minutes!!

There was a lady towards the front of the standby line who was quite upset. She kept saying very loudly "How many of them are they going to let in?" and"Why are they going in? Do they have a special pass or something?" Um...:confused3 Apparently she had never heard of FP+?

So we bypassed everyone with our special pass :) and we were on our way on a journey through time!

Now, I'm not sure what Jake was expecting when we entered the"ball". Maybe a big room full of bouncy balls he could kick and throw? Maybe that's why he looked confused when we started going uphill in some little car? :lmao:

I really enjoyed SSE! It's just so Disney that I can't help but love it!

At the end, I just let Jake push buttons on the little quiz and this is what we ended up with!

After our journey, we played in the dump area for a while. The boys really liked the driving simulators and we all liked playing some kind of electricity shuffleboard. All of the play areas were just so perfect on this trip! It was great to let the boys run around and play when they had enough of the stroller! :thumbsup2

When we were done playing at SSE, we made a quick bathroom stop and headed back to AOA for a break.

Before the trip, I debated about taking a break at the resort every day. All 3 boys still nap at home, so I knew they would at least need some down time. Daily afternoon breaks ended up working really well for us. After a break, the boys could stay up much later and we could enjoy the parks at night. We really had no meltdowns and I think it was because the boys were at least semi-well rested!

We got back to AOA a little before 3:00. Jake and Colin took a nap and Nate watched movies on our Kindle. The rest of us used the time to relax/nap/cool off. It was good for all of us to recharge after busy morning!

I had wanted to be back at Epcot by 5:00 but it ended up being close to 5:45. Oh well! :confused3

We did get another family shot as we headed back to WS.

We didn't have the best luck with group shots. But with 3 boys, I think we wre lucky to even get a few where at least two of them were looking at the camera!

Colin really liked the Chef Mickey topiary!

He said he was holding a bowl and spoon, just like Mickey!

Now, I know Food & Wine is a HUGE draw but I knew I wouldn't really be able to enjoy anything with the boys there. They really didn't want to just sit in the stroller while one of us stood in line for 15 minutes at each stand. So I knew we could try a few things but I really want to come back on a adults trip and take in F&W!

Our first stop in WS was Gran Fiesta Tour. I loved how it was inside the pavilion - so cool! Donald had stopped meeting for the day so we missed him. Next time!

Dinner was our next mission. The boys are not overly adventurous in the food department. I had read that the QS place in Mexico had chicken nuggets so we headed there after Gran Fiesta Tour. I picked up chicken nuggets, tortilla chips, grapes and carrots. They boys chowed down and then we headed out to explore!

I;m a bad TR-writer because I really don'tremember where we found the bongos. But we did find them and Colin had a blast!

We had to pull him away from there to find a spot for Illuminations since it was almost 8:00 by this point. It seemed like lots of the good spots were filling up quickly!

We did find a spot in front of the Germany Pavilion right along the water. We set up camp and blocked off a small area against the fence with the strollers. I ran over to the Germany stand and picked up a few Berliners - yummy! When I got back to our fireworks spot, I pulled out some glow sticks I had packed. The boys had a ball eating doughnuts and playing some kind of sword fighting game. :thumbsup2

I took Jake for a diaper change and found a must-do on my way back - Karamell Kuche! Yes please!

I got 4 sea salt caramels - 2 dark chocolate and 2 milk chocolate. I also picked up a small caramel corn to share. Jake and I took our goodies to the register and the cashier just fell in love with Jake (it's the glasses they make him a heartbreaker ;)). She thought he was just the cutest thing and kept talking to him while she rang up the customer in front of us. Jake happened to be holding the caramel corn bag at this point. The cashier saw that he was holding it and said "Oh you can just take that with you if you want! You're too cute!". I laughed and thought she was just joking. But she rang us up for the 4 caramels and then blew Jake a kiss. Yay pixie dust! pixiedust:

Jake and I took our treats back to share. It was almost 9:00 - time for Illuminations! :hyper:

The fireworks were amazing, of course. And I just loved sitting by the water with Nate and Colin in my lap, watching the fireworks. It was a perfect Disney night!

After Illuminations, we headed the LONG way around the WS back to the front of the park. I knew we would have to wait if we went straight to the bus. So I thought it would be better to slowly walk through the empty WS than wait in a bus queue!

It was EMPTY! So very peaceful! So I took this blurry picture with my phone of our view! :rotfl:

When we made it back to FW, we stopped in Mouse Gear to look around. Colin fell in love with a pair of Woody ears. We tried to find some for Nate, but he just wasn't feeling any of the pairs at the store. Spoiler alert - Nate would be sporting his own pair pretty soon!

Our last stop was the sparkling sidewalk. I had read about this in so many TRs so I was excited that we found it! The boys loved running around on the lights! :goodvibes

Finally, we left Epcot and headed over to the AOA bus stop. There was a nearly empty bus waiting when we got to our stop. Yay! We headed out just a few minutes later and made it back to the resort a little before 11:00.

The boys got a quick bath and went to bed. It took them all of 30 seconds to fall asleep after our first park day! The rest of us followed quickly. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day!

Next up

Exploring AOA
Your little man is absolutely adorable. Enjoying your trip report. I have never seen SSE with a SB wait of 60 min. fP was not an option for it prior to FP+ so I imagine that has something to do with it.

The stroller parking for Soaring annoyed me when my older ones were younger. Last time we went we only had our youngest who was 8 weeks old at the time so we used the carrier more. I'm taking him myself in Oct & can't wait. I thought about AoA or WL, but ended up going with a moderate

Yum, I'm glad lunch was so good! And what a sweet CM! Can't wait to hear about what happens with the Mickey Mail :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter