• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

Even though our family trip is much sooner, I've spent more time day dreaming about my solo trip! I'm excited to take things really slow - especially exploring WS! Or popping over to a resort to explore or grab a bite at their quick service! I'm thinking I'll have at least 3 park days. Did you do any ADRs?

I'm thinking of either a LM room at AOA or a preferred room at POP. We never made it down to the LM section - was the walk to the bus stop terrible?

Nate the Dance Machine

We had just finished our fun Toy Story meets when we heard the beat. :music:

Nate was drawn to the dance party like a magnet.

The boy loves to dance. At home, in a store, in a car...anywhere the right song comes on...he’s getting down. :woohoo:

Which is really amazing since this is the whole of my dance moves.

This was the Monsters Inc. Dance Party. When we got there Sully, Mike, and Boo were out. I kept trying to get Nate to dance with the characters but this was all he wanted to do.

He was having a blast.

And here is some video proof of his sweet dance moves.

Seriously? Won’t this be great to show him when he’s 16?? :rotfl2:

Soon it was time for the characters to take a break but the music kept coming! Most of the dancers cleared out but Nate’s boogie fever had not gone away yet. And luckily for us, he really amused one of the nearby PhotoPass photographers!

He pulled Nate to the side and grabbed these cute shots.

Then he asked Nate if he wanted to have some fun. He found an area a little behind the dance party to get some cool shadow shots.

At first he asked Nate to just dance. Which was awesome by itself.

But then he did a few cool posed shots!

And my favorite!

Nate had us all cracking up at this point! Even the photographer was laughing! He scanned Jim’s band and said “Thanks! This had been my favorite moment as a photographer!” Love that pixie dust! pixiedust:

At this point, Colin and Jake were sitting in the stroller staring off into space. Since I knew we were wrapping up soon I wanted to squeeze in a ride on Space Mountain since the wait was only 10 minutes. I left my parents and Jim to do a bathroom break with the boys and headed over. Since the 10 minute wait was really just walking time since the queue is FOREVER long, I walked right on! Loved my quick ride! :hyper:

And of course, no trip to Tomorrowland would be complete without a ride on the People Mover. I loved looking out at Magic Kingdom at night!

Then it was time to head out. We were all DONE!

I grabbed this shot on the way out! It looks like the time stamp for this one is 11:46 PM. We made it pretty close to the end!

We all got back to AOA and got ready for bed right away. We would be up bright and early for another day at Magic Kingdom!

Next up

Fun in Fantasyland

Last edited:
Going solo was fantastic! Most of the people I talked to about it thought it sounded great- a few people thought I was crazy. I would do it again in a minute if I could, but this year my hubby gets the "solo" trip (he's actually just going to visit his brother in Arizona). Going during Food & Wine Fest was a great time to go, too. It was so nice eating small bits around the world. You also have something built-in to talk about. I often looked at what the people around me were eating, and we'd compare notes, which was nice. It was also so nice to just sit by the pool for 4 hours with a magazine, my Kindle, and an adult drink. My 2 park days (1 Epcot, 1 MK) I got there before rope drop and stayed until after the evening entertainment, and didn't leave in the middle of the day. Good luck making your solo trip work! It was wonderful for my sanity!

Even though our family trip is much sooner, I've spent more time day dreaming about my solo trip! I'm excited to take things really slow - especially exploring WS! Or popping over to a resort to explore or grab a bite at their quick service! I'm thinking I'll have at least 3 park days. Did you do any ADRs?

I'm thinking of either a LM room at AOA or a preferred room at POP. We never made it down to the LM section - was the walk to the bus stop terrible?

Those photopass pictures are fantastic! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I think we will definitely head to Tomorrowland after the fireworks!

Seriously? Won’t this be great to show him when he’s 16?? :rotfl2:

I think you save that for sharing with his date before he heads off to prom :thumbsup2

Love the photopass pictures you got with the shadow - very unique and fun!

And yeah for no wait for Space Mountain! That is a dang long queue (though it is nice when it is hot out)

What a great experience with that photographer!! I love it when a CM makes your day and you're able to make their day as well, only in Disney!

Those photopass pictures are fantastic! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I think we will definitely head to Tomorrowland after the fireworks!

Yes, they might be my favorite of the entire trip. Tied with Town Square Mickey, I think!

We loved Tomorrowland - so much for the boys to do! I really wanted to do the Villians dance party too but not enough time! :rolleyes:

I think you save that for sharing with his date before he heads off to prom :thumbsup2

Love the photopass pictures you got with the shadow - very unique and fun!

And yeah for no wait for Space Mountain! That is a dang long queue (though it is nice when it is hot out)

The video and pictures are absolutely going in the blackmail file!

I love, love, love the shadow pictures - some of my favorites from the entire trip!

I can imagine the nice, cool queue would be perfect in the middle of August. But it seemed like a long hike when it was just me going down those long hallways!

What a great experience with that photographer!! I love it when a CM makes your day and you're able to make their day as well, only in Disney!

We had some great CMs! The photographer was great - especially when some of them seemed less than thrilled to be snapping pics!

What an awesome time with Nate at the dance party! And those are some fun Photopass shots! Glad that you were able to make the photographer's day!

And perfect finish to the night with two of my favorites - Space and the Peoplemover! :thumbsup2

I had one Solo evening and morning last May before my Husband flew in. It was amazing. I was up and out of the room with plenty of time to get to rope drop at MK. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I highly recommend a solo trip to anyone thinking about it. I didn't have an ADR since it was just 1 day. I met a local friend for dinner and shopping at DTD. We did EOS. I loved being in MK by myself and getting to browse the shops and stop for little details. I'm going to try to talk him into letting me do it again sometime....but my hopes are not high lol

It was great just being able to grab my purse and hop on a bus whenever I wanted to do whatever I wished at the moment. I did 1 ADR. My flight got in early, and I was at the resort by noon. I spent that afternoon resort hopping around the monorail and boating to WL. I had a 7pm ADR at Kona. I got there really early, and they couldn't seat me earlier, so I decided to have dessert before dinner. I got a Dole Whip and sat on the Polynesian beach, basking in the joy of my vacation finally being there.

I really never had a problem at all with the walk from the LM room. If I had been toting a lot of stuff or had smaller kids, I could see how it might be a minor issue, but it was never a problem for me. That was true even after I was at MK from 8am and got back to the resort after midnight. I timed the walk a couple of times and it took about 6 minutes (I also walk for exercise, so I was probably hauling compared to some people). There is a lot to see on the walk (but I swear Pumba gave me the stink eye every single day). DH and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year, and we're trying to convince my parents to watch DD so we can go on a trip. The front-runner for our trip right now is WDW, staying in a LM room at AoA :-)

What an awesome time with Nate at the dance party! And those are some fun Photopass shots! Glad that you were able to make the photographer's day!

And perfect finish to the night with two of my favorites - Space and the Peoplemover! :thumbsup2

We had great luck with the PhotoPass photographer! Those shots tied with our visit with Town Square Mickey as my favorite pictures of the trip!

I did love Space...even though I screamed my head off! :crazy2: And the Peoplemover is so great - a must do every trip for us I think!

I had one Solo evening and morning last May before my Husband flew in. It was amazing. I was up and out of the room with plenty of time to get to rope drop at MK. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I highly recommend a solo trip to anyone thinking about it. I didn't have an ADR since it was just 1 day. I met a local friend for dinner and shopping at DTD. We did EOS. I loved being in MK by myself and getting to browse the shops and stop for little details. I'm going to try to talk him into letting me do it again sometime....but my hopes are not high lol

I'm so looking forward to the FREEDOM!! :cool1: I'm going to explore, do all the Princess stuff, all the "boring" stuff! Explore the monorail resorts and maybe Wilderness Lodge! I'm not sure about an ADR - maybe at Ohana or California Grill during Wishes??

And I think it should be Disney law that all moms get a solo trip every few years! We spend so much time planning for everyone else...we should get a turn to do something for us too!

It was great just being able to grab my purse and hop on a bus whenever I wanted to do whatever I wished at the moment. I did 1 ADR. My flight got in early, and I was at the resort by noon. I spent that afternoon resort hopping around the monorail and boating to WL. I had a 7pm ADR at Kona. I got there really early, and they couldn't seat me earlier, so I decided to have dessert before dinner. I got a Dole Whip and sat on the Polynesian beach, basking in the joy of my vacation finally being there.

I really never had a problem at all with the walk from the LM room. If I had been toting a lot of stuff or had smaller kids, I could see how it might be a minor issue, but it was never a problem for me. That was true even after I was at MK from 8am and got back to the resort after midnight. I timed the walk a couple of times and it took about 6 minutes (I also walk for exercise, so I was probably hauling compared to some people). There is a lot to see on the walk (but I swear Pumba gave me the stink eye every single day). DH and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year, and we're trying to convince my parents to watch DD so we can go on a trip. The front-runner for our trip right now is WDW, staying in a LM room at AoA :-)

Ahhh, a Dole Whip on the Poly beach sounds like heaven right now! I love the idea of exploring the monorail resorts - more than just eating at Chef Mickey's! I'm thinking I'll do an ADR at Ohana or California Grill during Wishes if I can!

I don't think the walk to the LM section will be bad. I'm sure it seems much longer after a full day at the park, carrying a sleeping toddler, huge park bag, etc! Little Mermaid is my favorite movie so I would love the theme. Plus with a family of 5, it might be the only chance I get to stay there!

Hope you get to do your anniversary trip! WDW as a couple would be great!!
:goodvibes

We had great luck with the PhotoPass photographer! Those shots tied with our visit with Town Square Mickey as my favorite pictures of the trip!

I did love Space...even though I screamed my head off! :crazy2: And the Peoplemover is so great - a must do every trip for us I think!

I'm so looking forward to the FREEDOM!! :cool1: I'm going to explore, do all the Princess stuff, all the "boring" stuff! Explore the monorail resorts and maybe Wilderness Lodge! I'm not sure about an ADR - maybe at Ohana or California Grill during Wishes??

And I think it should be Disney law that all moms get a solo trip every few years! We spend so much time planning for everyone else...we should get a turn to do something for us too!

Ahhh, a Dole Whip on the Poly beach sounds like heaven right now! I love the idea of exploring the monorail resorts - more than just eating at Chef Mickey's! I'm thinking I'll do an ADR at Ohana or California Grill during Wishes if I can!

I don't think the walk to the LM section will be bad. I'm sure it seems much longer after a full day at the park, carrying a sleeping toddler, huge park bag, etc! Little Mermaid is my favorite movie so I would love the theme. Plus with a family of 5, it might be the only chance I get to stay there!

Hope you get to do your anniversary trip! WDW as a couple would be great!!
:goodvibes

Fun in Fantasyland

After our late night at MNSSHP this was me trying to get out of bed

The plan had been to wake up early and make it for the MK Opening Show...funny joke, right? Since we didn’t get to sleep until far past 1 AM...that didn’t happen.

We made it out to the bus stop a little before 9:00 and into MK close to 9:30. My plan had been to hit Tomorrowland but instead we headed straight back to Fantasyland since that was where our first FP+ were located.

Ahh...this sight never gets old.

And I was super pumped because it was time for this!! :bounce:

It was just a few minutes before 10:00 and the stand by wait was already 60 minutes! But we had FP+ so...:cool2:

Jim and I took Nate and Colin on 7DMT while my parents took Jake to play in Pooh’s house right across the way. We wound our way through and made it to the second Mickey scanner...and technical difficulties.

Boo.

We were told we could wait in line but the CMs were unsure how long the ride would be down. Since we had only scanned at the first Mickey, we were told our FP+ were still valid. After a quick discussion, we decided to head out and ride something else while the Mine Train was down. I double checked with the CM out front to make sure our FP+ would still be valid, then we decided to head over to Winnie the Pooh again!

The boys had lots of fun in the interactive queue!

After Winnie the Pooh, we headed right back across to 7DMT and it was up and running!

Colin had a blast!

I'm just going to add in here that I have never been a big "selfie" taker...until this trip. Now the boys know the word. Nate will come up to me with one of his toy phones and say "let's take a selfie!"
:confused:

We all really liked the ride. It is a short ride, but I love the view! And it’s a perfect “beginner” coaster - even smoother than the Barnstormer! And I love, love, love the ride through the mine. Our whole train was singing at the top of their lungs. Disney chills, for sure! :goodvibes

We had gotten a rider swap pass, so my dad and Jim took Jake and my mom and I took the big boys again!

*Side Note - I wasn’t aware until our last day at MK that the RS pass was only good for 3 guests. I thought it was the RS pass holder PLUS 3. Whoops! No one said anything until we used it again at our last MK day. They still let us through, so…

After we all had a turn on 7DMT, we headed over to Small World...because why not? This was our second day at MK and our 3rd ride on Small World!

Pretty soon, it was time to head over to Liberty Square for our lunch ADR!

Next up

Pictures Only

Lunch and Fun in Adventureland!

Last edited:
Nate looks so cute!! Wow, awesome shots that photographer got, very cool!

Nice sneaking in that quick ride on Space!

Sounds like it was a great end to your fun party night!

Glad you finally got to get on SDMT!

I think you did pretty good getting to MK by 9:30 ... still pretty early in my book.

Glad things worked out in the end despite the technical glitches with the mine traing

And it’s a perfect “beginner” coaster - even smoother than the Barnstormer!

I fully agree! My son was only tall enough for Barnstormer and I think he would have like the mine train better. I am sure there is a reason for the height restriction being higher on Mine Train but kinda wish it was at least the same as Barnstormer

I would have slept in after being up until 1 am as well! That's late; you guys are troopers!

7DMT sounds so fun! :cool1: I'm glad everyone was able to ride on the Rider Swap system. I'm sure they won't make a fuss about one extra person, especially since you guys didn't know.

love following along. going on our first family trip this october. myself, DH, DS (9), DD (14 months), and my mom. we plan on doing MNSSHP as well. i saw that you had fp+ scheduled before the party...did you have a park ticket for that day? i plan on taking it easy and maybe doing DTD in the morning, rest up, and then hit the party. was hoping to catch a few rides before hand.

btw...we live in NC but are originally from southcentral PA. my mom is driving down to our place and then we'll all drive down to FL for our trip

Nate looks so cute!! Wow, awesome shots that photographer got, very cool!

Nice sneaking in that quick ride on Space!

Sounds like it was a great end to your fun party night!

Glad you finally got to get on SDMT!

Yes, I love those pictures of Nate! The cost of the Halloween party was worth those few minutes at the dance party!

I loved Space - next time I think Nate and Colin will be tall enough for all the mountains so we can all ride together - that makes life so much easier!

I think you did pretty good getting to MK by 9:30 ... still pretty early in my book.

Glad things worked out in the end despite the technical glitches with the mine traing

I fully agree! My son was only tall enough for Barnstormer and I think he would have like the mine train better. I am sure there is a reason for the height restriction being higher on Mine Train but kinda wish it was at least the same as Barnstormer

I was going into planning transportation totally blind! And I totally underestimated how early I could get everyone up and moving. Also, with FP+ it made it a little easier to get to the park later since there was no dash to grab FP!

We did like the Barnstormer but it did feel jerky! I liked how smooth 7DMT was!

I would have slept in after being up until 1 am as well! That's late; you guys are troopers!

7DMT sounds so fun! :cool1: I'm glad everyone was able to ride on the Rider Swap system. I'm sure they won't make a fuss about one extra person, especially since you guys didn't know.

There would be no sleeping in for us! I think the latest we slept was 8:30 on the morning of MNSSHP. Jake is an early riser and he likes to have company...:rolleyes:

I was surprised no one else mentioned the limit on RS! We used it for Soarin' and 7DMT once before anyone said anything! But it worked out for us!

love following along. going on our first family trip this october. myself, DH, DS (9), DD (14 months), and my mom. we plan on doing MNSSHP as well. i saw that you had fp+ scheduled before the party...did you have a park ticket for that day? i plan on taking it easy and maybe doing DTD in the morning, rest up, and then hit the party. was hoping to catch a few rides before hand.

btw...we live in NC but are originally from southcentral PA. my mom is driving down to our place and then we'll all drive down to FL for our trip

I love, love, loved our October trip! Great weather, fairly low crowds! Plus MNSSHP was great, of course!So happy you get to enjoy the magic this year!

We just used our party ticket for MNSSHP. Even though the party doesn't officially start until 7, you can enter the park with your party ticket at 4. If you link your party ticket to MDE, you can make FP+ from 4-7 that day. No FP+ will be available for the party time. It was a great for our pre-party time to get in some favorite rides before we had to get ready for the parade, fireworks, etc!

Pictures Only!

I feel like this update is kind of a teaser since it will only really be a few pictures. I totally forgot to grab the pictures from Jim's phone. He got some good shots and he was there for a few things that I missed!

So from our DTD day:

Nate was pretty proud of his Mr. Potato Head (Darth Trooper Lightyear?) at Once Upon a Toy!

He was also super excited about the Hulk Lego statue!

From our Epcot day:

Jim apparently found a Hidden Mickey at The Seas!

I also like his shot at we were leaving an almost empty Epcot!

From MNSSHP:

How could I forget about another one of my favorites?? My little Tigger, Jake, in Pooh's house.

He also got a good shot of the castle show! I didn't take any pictures of this!

We were SO DONE at this point! Exhausted but happy after a great night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter