Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by the_bUg, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. becpee

becpee I see sock puppets

Why would I do that? DCL let me have it...

4. NACFl

NACFl Mouseketeer

I don't hog them and come home with half a suitcase of them, but I do grab the unopened bottles at the end of each day (no matter where I'm staying-cruise ship or hotel) so I can bring them home and donate them to my local VA hospital. The patients appreciate little luxuries.

5. ThePicketts

ThePicketts Mouseketeer

Bah, enjoy the H2O as much as you want. Any hotel that uses nice stuff has hoarders. EVERY hotel and cruise line keepa that in consideration. It isn't a big deal. :-)

6. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

7. Donna3271

Donna3271 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

8. ThePicketts

ThePicketts Mouseketeer

Maybe we should start a post to stop wasting Coke or they will replace it with a cheap brand :)

9. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

Is DCL using the grapefruit ones that are in WDW or still using the spa ones that smell like noxema. I like WDW's one's they are using now. They are okay for a short use.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. canyoncam

canyoncam original Bambi &Thumper

I have the soaps & shampoos from every hotel, resort, cruise I've ever been to. And yes some of them are so nice they have filled up half my suitcase (only my small one). They make excellent gifts, come in handy when you have ti stay with the relatives, plus who knows when you will run out of money and have to use them as your only product!

I hAve worked for resorts where they do lower the quality of the product to save themselves money but they never had a contract like Disney has with H2O. But if ever Disney does scrimp then I am supplied;-)

11. the_bUg

the_bUg Mouseketeer

Sorry Tink, I'm actually serious about this one. But Meh, as others have said, I can see how other people would not see this as a big deal.

I'm sure the products are considered free/complimentary, but this is only to a point.

Now that you mention it though, I'm kinda sad that I didn't do a post about a crazed toiletries hoarder frantically running around the ship, last night of their cruise because "IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!"!!!

12. the_bUg

the_bUg Mouseketeer

OMG. *shudder*.... R.C. Cola... You're right! We should do this! Pitchforks people! Pitchforks and torches!

13. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

Maybe Disney considers the pilfered toiletries as marketing materials. I know every time I use the lotion the smell of it makes me want to book another cruise. :)

14. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

My DW is the toiletry hoarder. Perhaps that comment belongs in the "confessions" thread.

The shampoo / conditioner isn't such a superior product BUT its really nice to use it and the smell takes me right back to a great DCL cruise memory. Memories are very strongly linked to our sense of smell.

15. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

I can't believe the ruffled feathers I'm seeing in this thread...as if DCL is going to be hurting financially due to people taking home some of the H20 products to the point they'd have to raise the cost of the cruise to compensate.

Come on folks, let's use a little common sense here...DCL factors all of this in, and they know how popular the little vials are; they have no issue with folks taking them home, none.

Take them, and enjoy them, Disney knows all about this, and they simply don't care.

16. owensjro

owensjro DIS Veteran

We put them in our guest bath so our guests will be encouraged to take DCL cruises. Free marketing for them ;)

Now if only we ever had any guests over....

Jim

17. Aggiegrl

Aggiegrl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

Likewise, you can only use the postcard if you plan on mailing it from the ship. That pen? Don't dare take it off either, even if the CM at guest services tells you to "keep it and take another." You probably misunderstood and you are putting him/her in a bad position.

18. becpee

becpee I see sock puppets

Not a fan then?

[​IMG]

19. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

You go girl! :cool1:

20. CrawfordMomof2

CrawfordMomof2 Mouseketeer

I have to ask. Is this all from one cruise? :)

21. Disneynanny

Disneynanny Mrs. Captain Mickey

Well they are cheap gifts to give co-workers. However a few co-workers after the third cruise were honest with me and said they have thier own special shampoo. So this cruise, I didn't weigh down my luggage with any Disney Cruise Line bath amenities.
    But I figure the price of the cruise includes these items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.