Steaks-Shulas and Le Cellier

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
We have ADRs for both Shulas and Le Cellier (lunch). We've been to Shula's and love their steaks. Will I be disappointed if I order the signature wild mushroom filet mignon at Le Cellier?

Thoughts?

TIA

The correct answer for your question is A Big (YES) along with the disappointment of the resturant and the staff, sorry to say it just being honest. :faint:

We have ADRs for both Shulas and Le Cellier (lunch). We've been to Shula's and love their steaks. Will I be disappointed if I order the signature wild mushroom filet mignon at Le Cellier?

Thoughts?

TIA

IMHO, absolutely, positively, without a doubt........YES

I found Le Cellier to be very average (and I'm being kind). The steak was of the Outback/Longhorn quality, very salty, the risotto was like Minute Rice, and the ever praised mushroom sauce tasted like it came from a can of Campbells mushroom soup. And to add insult WDW has now decided to call this place a signature restaurant, increase the prices, and do virtually nothing to the dining atmosphere.

(Can you tell I'm not a big fan of this once overly hyped restaurant.) :(

Thoughts?

TIA
Put me in the YES pile.

Oh, and YES to this too:

I found Le Cellier to be very average (and I'm being kind). The steak was of the Outback/Longhorn quality, very salty, the risotto was like Minute Rice, and the ever praised mushroom sauce tasted like it came from a can of Campbells mushroom soup. And to add insult WDW has now decided to call this place a signature restaurant, increase the prices, and do virtually nothing to the dining atmosphere.

We've never eaten at Shula's, but I was not impressed with the filet at Le Cellier and have no desire to go back.

I surprised no one came to defend the signature steak at Le Cellier. :scared:

Well, I have to be different on this point. I've had the filet from Le Cellier a few times and always enjoy it. Not so much for the service but the meal has always been good. Like the pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup also.

Thoughts?

TIA

Yes. I believe you will be disappointed. Le Cellier has had a noticeable decline in food and service. After our last visit in October 2012, we decided not to go back next Summer. Filet was not the Le Cellier Filet of past years.

Shula's is excellent. We have not been to LeCellier in years and have no plans to change that.

I honestly dont think i could have said it any better than this, truly. I could have written this:
IMHO, absolutely, positively, without a doubt........YES

(Can you tell I'm not a big fan of this once overly hyped restaurant.) :(
I agree! Im not a big fan of this overhyped restaurant either! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!