Steak Dinner

lifeguardette

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Just wondering where the best place to have a steak dinner at DLR is? It is my father's birthday and he loves steak. I thought about steak house 55 but heard it wasn't good. Thanks!

We ate dinner at Steackhouse 55 in July, it was a complimentary meal that was given to us as guests of Disneyland Hotel and some problems that we had encountered. We each were given an appetizer, starter, entree, side dish, and dessert. While the food was good, the service was not. We were there for over 2 hours...just very slow. If you are wanting to spend a high price for dinner, this would be the place.
There were a total of 5 of us, the dinner would have been over $500....:scared1:
There is an Outback Steakhouse and Morton's on Harbor just south of DL.

I have never had a bad meal or even close at SH55. My steak has always been melt in your mouth, the only better one is the CB at Club 33.

Jack

We have found both the food and service to be excellent at Steakhouse 55. ESPN Zone also has steak, but it is quite loud and not the same quality. If you are looking to keeping it in the budget, Outback is a 10 min drive.

I enjoyed my filet minion with lobster at Blue Bayou the kichen there has been right on when I've eatern there. Though it will be closed until Thanks Giving.

Many of the sit down location in DLR have some beef on the dinner. But SH55has a variety of cuts.

You might want to look over the menus to decide where you would like to eat.

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

Ate there on the 13th. While the food wasn't bad, it fell well below the standard set by steakhouses at WDW, such as the Yachtsman. (My "well done" steak was medium well at best, bordering on medium.) Additionally, while I realize that it's located in the Disneyland Hotel and there will be children in the dining room, I was amazed that they allowed a family in with boys in swim trunks and no shirts... I think I'll choose Napa Rose next time.

Never been to SH55 but it is apparently getting very mixed reviews here. I enjoy Outback. It is not really a steakhouse environment but they do have good cuts and do a good job of preparing it as you like it.

Mortons is much more of a "high end" steakhouse. I've been there once and it was outstanding, but pricey.

Both require a ride out there. If you don't have a car, you can always catch a cab.

Napa Rose filet is some of the best I've ever had. Prepared exactly to order and melt in your mouth good!

Ruth's Chris! They have the Ruth's-classic menu thats really priced nice. Plus no kids in swim trunks and most people are dressed appoperitly.

Wow! We have a family tradition at Christmas where we attend dinner at SH55. It has always been fantastic! Though I have to say, none of us would ever order a ribeye or filet well done. And if you are concerned about price, Napa Rose and Morton's are even more expensive!

The steak I had at the Blue Bayou was the yummiest steak I've ever had. I hope it's the same the next time I go.

I would recommend Steakhouse 55, Napa Rose, or the Blue Bayou. I'd even recommend ESPN Zone because that's a local place you can't get outside the LA area. They have a few steaks on the menu. I ordered steak at the Blue Bayou my last two trips and both times it was very good. Pricey, but that goes with the tidewater territory.

If you are traveling all this way with your dad to visit DLR, it doesn't make sense to have a special birthday meal at the Outback. It's a chain you can visit anywhere. This is why you're a tourist. Do something different! :thumbsup2

We ate dinner at Steackhouse 55 in July, it was a complimentary meal that was given to us as guests of Disneyland Hotel and some problems that we had encountered. We each were given an appetizer, starter, entree, side dish, and dessert. While the food was good, the service was not. We were there for over 2 hours...just very slow. If you are wanting to spend a high price for dinner, this would be the place.
There were a total of 5 of us, the dinner would have been over $500....:scared1:
There is an Outback Steakhouse and Morton's on Harbor just south of DL.

The exact same thing happened to us last month, dizzymomx4. The meal was good (DD had the filet oscar style and I had prime rib). Food was good but service was soooo slow. We were there for-evah! And the story of how we got the free dinner was quite sad. Not worth the free dinner.

Napa Rose filet is some of the best I've ever had. Prepared exactly to order and melt in your mouth good!

I agree 100%. The cuts of meat at NR are superior to any I've had on property. Of course, they come with a price. ;)

Good luck deciding. :)

The filet at Napa Rose is incredible. We are still talking about it from our trip in May. Can't wait for Christmas dinner!

While the filet is super tender I would opt for more flavor in the ribeye at Napa Rose. Both are excellent choices.

I have also had great steaks at SH55, never had any issues with service or the food. You have go to go there for breakfast!

My wife and I eat at Steakhouse 55 all the time and love it. As far as slow service, it is supposed to be a nice dinner. They space out your appetizers, soup and/or salad, and entree. It is not a place designed to bring your main entree out right after they drop your salad off. Enjoy yourself!

I was going to post what Chazbo did, but didn't know if the posters were meaning they were slower than that. I would expect a normal meal there to last 2+ hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter