Staying onsite, but not at a delux...

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
so I was just running the numbers... I really think I want to stay at the new sapphire when it's done... I came up with 3 days of express passes for the 3 of us will probably run $800... Even adding that to the cost of a pool view room at cabana bay we save $300 over the most basic 2 queen room at portofino. Am I missing something?

Is thia for the unlimited express pass or the one time aper ride express pass? If it's for the unlimited express and with the room at cabana bay is still cheaper than pbh room, got for the cheaper option. Cabana bay room would have to be about $140 a night or less to be cheaper than pbh if you factor in unlimited express passes.

Yep it's for the unlimited... I figured on the $85 a day pp ish... And rounded up a little... To come up with $800 for three days. We stayed at RPR last trip, and it was nice and all but I would prefer to stay at the newer hotels....

Yep it's for the unlimited... I figured on the $85 a day pp ish... And rounded up a little... To come up with $800 for three days. We stayed at RPR last trip, and it was nice and all but I would prefer to stay at the newer hotels....

RPR is just being completely renovated with new bathrooms and furniture.

For three days of express, you only need to stay for two nights at the deluxe hotels. Are you sure you will save over $1100 for two nights at one of the deluxe hotels? That seems way off to me. From my experience, Portofino is about $200 more a night for a room than Cabana Bay unless you are going during a peak time. Sapphire Falls will be more expensive than Cabana Bay.

Have you considered getting one power pass so you can take advantage of the 30-40% off rates at the hotels? A power pass is only slightly more expensive than the 3 day ticket but can save you a ton of money.

You can also save a ton by using hotels.com during one of their 20% off sales.

Last edited:

We'd have to stay four nights to get three days in the parks. Because of how far we have to fly to get to Florida... A power pass is a good idea...I will look at that!

You can also stay at CB for the first night if you aren't planning on going to the parks that day and also possibly the last night. You only need to stay at a deluxe for two nights to get the other three days of express.

I would check the math again. If you go in June you are looking at $90 for each Unlimited Express Pass in July it is $100, in August is drops down after most schools get ready to start back up. where as the rate difference between CB and RP is less than $200 per day in July (17-19). I could understand if it was a major savings but I cannot see it by doing a quick check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter