Staying onboard while in Nassau???

#1DopeyFan

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of doing a 3 night in February and wondering since it'll be a short trip, if we stay on the ship the day we're at Nassau is there anything to do or see, or do they put everything on hold while in port? I'd much rather spend my time on the ship, just curious if there will things to see and do, or just swim or ???

we didn't get off the ship in Nassau either. It is very relaxing. There really are no activitys planned, but the pools are pretty much empty and they had a movie playing in the early afternoon. The spa often has specials as well....
We did not regret staying on board at all.

We also chose to stay on board for our three day cruise. We took advantage of lounging around the adult pool while the boys were in the clubs and watching movies. We had also slept late as we had been up late to see the movie premiere. We signed up for the bridge tour, which my one son enjoyed. It's such a beautiful ship, we hated to not spend time on it!

We also stayed on board. We swam and checked out the ship. We did Nassau on our first cruise. You wont miss much. We just loved that day in the pools there was no one in them. You can always just get off for an hour or two. Ether way you can’t go wrong. :wave2:

Originally posted by tiggrbaby
We also chose to stay on board for our three day cruise. We took advantage of lounging around the adult pool while the boys were in the clubs and watching movies. We had also slept late as we had been up late to see the movie premiere. We signed up for the bridge tour, which my one son enjoyed. It's such a beautiful ship, we hated to not spend time on it!

Do they still offer the Clubs then on days when they're docked, I wondered about that too???

Originally posted by #1DopeyFan
Do they still offer the Clubs then on days when they're docked, I wondered about that too???

Yes they do because some people opt to leave their kids onboard when they leave the ship for excursions or whatever....

OIC, cool, thanks to you all...I'm pretty sure that's what we'll do now if it all works out.

Can you get off for an hour or two anytime during the stop, just so you can say you were there? Or once off you have to stay off?

DD8 and I went to the movies, we spent some time at the pool, had a nice lunch at Topsiders, played prize Bingo and explored the ship. We did get off for about a half hour, but that was it. Looking through the Navigator for that day, they had Bridge tours, Wine Tasting seminar, crafts and the clubs are open for their regular hours.

Tammi

It was so windy/cruddy weather last week when we were in Nassau. We got off the ship for about 30 minutes tops and had enough. Went back to the boat. Saw The Incredibles. Swam in the pool. Walked around. The kids did go to the kids club. I read my book on the verandah. DH took a nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter