Staying On Board While In Port?

danielle782001

DIS Veteran
This might seem like a strange question but can we hang out by the pool or take part in other activities while in port? Or do they drain the pools during the time the boat is in port and onboard activities stop? Do the kids activities centers continue while in port?

Oh yes. Their is plenty to do inboard while in port. I can not tell you how great it was to have the quite cove almost all to myself. Lots of people will say CC is paradise, but I say the ship I'm port while just about empty, that is paradise.

Oh good...we would really like to relax on the ship and have the kids enjoy the organized activities...we need the down time.

Oh good...we would really like to relax on the ship and have the kids enjoy the organized activities...we need the down time.

Oh I am telling you it was great. On the last cruise I got off for about two hours at CC to eat and get a Knok Cooler and about three hours in Aruba. After Aruba I did not touch land again till we got to L.A.

DD and I never left the ship at Nassau, we hung out at Quiet Cove and went to the spa. They let me do the night time special at 2PM. I would NEVER pass up Serenity Bay though!! I wouldn't mind a week there! :beach:

DD and I never left the ship at Nassau, we hung out at Quiet Cove and went to the spa. They let me do the night time special at 2PM. I would NEVER pass up Serenity Bay though!! I wouldn't mind a week there! :beach:

We actually wanted to skip Nassau as well....Good for you that you got that special at the spa...I am interested in doing a spa treatment...When did you book? Or did you just walk up??

We actually wanted to skip Nassau as well....Good for you that you got that special at the spa...I am interested in doing a spa treatment...When did you book? Or did you just walk up??

It was listed in the Navigator for that evening. 4:30 to 11, I think. I stopped by to ask if they had any specials for the afternoon and they said that I could come earlier so I booked for 2:00. It was $125 for 2 hours. The first hour was back massage, mini facial, scalp massage and foot massage. The second hour was in the Rain Forest with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. I didn't stop by until late morning to inquire and I got the last single booking. There was still availability for one couple also.

Each cruise we've skipped one port, staying on the ship the whole day. The only problem is there aren't as many activities for the kids in the AM on those days. They must assume people get off in the AM, and then they have more stuff as the day goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!