• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying offsite at Windsor Palms, could use help w/ packing list

kfeuer

<font color=blue>My kids are going to think I'm ol
We're renting a house in Windsor Palms for my extended family (as in lots of people) vacation. This is my first time orchestrating anything like this. I'm meeting with some of the other women in my family this week to figure out what everybody needs to bring for our communal needs. We'll run to Publix for most food when we get there, but since we're all driving we're going to bring what we can to save money. This is what I've come up with, am I forgetting anything?

Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Palmolive Dishcloths, Dishwasher detergent
Lysol wipes
Paper Plates/cups/plastic silverware (to minimize time spent doing dishes :D )
Laundry Detergent
Hand soap?
Soap/Shampoo for bathrooms
Pool Towels
DVD's and Family Board Games
Bottled Water
Coffee/Filters

Thanks for your help!

We rented a townhouse in windsor palms last spring for the 4 of us, plus 2 weekend visitors. I'm a little nutty about stuff like this, but I brought food that I can get at home cheap or free because I didn't want to buy it on our trip. I am a big coupon user and often can get things like ketchup, bbq sauce, soup, rice, paper products & cleaning stuff free. I hate paying for things I can get free. :)

I raided my stockpile & brought along a box with free/cheap stuff. If it was unopened I took it home, and the rest we tossed when we left.

I also brought dishwasher tablets (cheap!) and ran the dishwasher everyday.

How about garbage bags? Also packets of salt, pepper, mayo etc. That way you don't have to buy a large container you can't use up. Keep any extra napkins that you get at fast food places (either in WDW or not) and bring them to the house.

Gosh, it many of these things never occurred to me. No soap?? We are renting a villa next month. Thanks for the list!

Thanks ladies, I will definitely add garbage bags (DUH!) and napkins to the list.

Gillian, I'm also a big couponer and I've been getting stuff for free/cheap for this trip for ages! Lots of free sample sizes, napkins and plates from Target at 90% off, etc. I still have a bunch of Electrasol dishwasher gelpaks I got for free last year, but I just don't want to do any more dishes then I have to! I won't have to spend a cent for our share of household stuff which means MORE MONEY FOR DISNEY :cool1:

we just got back from Windsor Palms - we rented a 3 bedroom condo - it was fabulous... we weren't quite as organized as you are - next time we will be - however, we bought a set of salt and pepper shakers for .99 cents at Publix.

Things we didn't think of but needed include salt and pepper, sugar (for tea/coffee), bar soap for bathrooms, trash bags (used grocery bags for small trash cans), sponge for dishes, dishwasher detergent, tissues. Remembered the dish detergent, though! You might also want to bring along some kind of bathtub cleaner, also.

Fabric softener sheets for the dryer. I don't know for sure about the washer at WP but many timeshares we've stayed at don't have a dispenser for fabric softener (Downy, Snuggle) meaning you'd have to be at the washer when it goes into the rinse cycle to add softener. In the past I've purchased a laundry detergent with softener to compensate. I also have a Downy ball that I bring with me if I take liquid softener. (I don't even know if they make these anymore!) Anyway, if all else fails at least you've got the dryer sheets to fall back on.

I also have one of those multi-compartment spice dispensers that I take with us. This way in addition to salt and pepper you've also got onion powder, garlic powder (we like it on pizza), etc.

You might want to check with the owner. When I stayed at Windsor Plams the condo had pool towels in them. Since it is a large party you may need to bring some anyway. Just a thought on how to cut down on packing.

We also brought alot of bottled water, canned drinks & non perishable snacks(fruit snacks, graham sticks, raisins, chips). It is all alot cheaper at home. We went to Publix for the perishables.

Have fun, planning is part of the fun to me!

Do these rental homes not provide at least small trial sizes of this stuff? You would think that each bathroom would at least have toilet paper? And the kitchen should have at least a roll of Paper Towel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter