Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

Can someone tell me a bit about the pools at all 3 resorts? Which resort has the best pool? Do you need to bring towels from your room to the pool or no?

Thank you.

Can someone tell me a bit about the pools at all 3 resorts? Which resort has the best pool? Do you need to bring towels from your room to the pool or no?

Thank you.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a pool. RPR is big and deep but has no slide. HRH is big and shallow and has a slide. PBH has 3 pools---one shallow with a slide, one deep for actual swimming and one smaller regular pool.

There are towels at the pools. No need to bring them from the rooms.

Are you still able to pool hop or did they do away with that? Just curious. Looking into finally staying onsite this trip (hopefully)

So you have to walk from the hotels to the parks? That is what I am understanding from your walk timeframes....Those times aren't bad, but I just want to make sure.

Anyone going to PBH anytime soon should be prepared for lots of construction. They are doing a refurb on al lot of the exteriors. We just got back last night. It was very disappointing. All the work going on really took away from the "resort" feel. We had several "hiccups" there. (Front desk sent us to the wrong room, bellman grabbed MY cell phone from me to call the desk...and they checked us out one day too early. Nothing like returning from a long rainy day in the parks to find out that you can't get in your room and you've been checked out) I would not stay there again. We stayed at Hard Rock a few years ago and would definitely opt for Hard Rock if I had a choice.

So you have to walk from the hotels to the parks? That is what I am understanding from your walk timeframes....Those times aren't bad, but I just want to make sure.

Walking is just one of the options. You can take a boat or a bus as well.

Anyone going to PBH anytime soon should be prepared for lots of construction. They are doing a refurb on al lot of the exteriors. We just got back last night. It was very disappointing. All the work going on really took away from the "resort" feel. We had several "hiccups" there. (Front desk sent us to the wrong room, bellman grabbed MY cell phone from me to call the desk...and they checked us out one day too early. Nothing like returning from a long rainy day in the parks to find out that you can't get in your room and you've been checked out) I would not stay there again. We stayed at Hard Rock a few years ago and would definitely opt for Hard Rock if I had a choice.

i hope you contacted and talked to the manager there when that happened.

Are there any discounts to be had when staying at one of the on-site hotels? I know about the early admission and the fast pass but do you get any discounts off restaurants in City Walk etc?

discounts can include AAA, APH and coupons that are found on different websites other than the darkside.

i'm sure they are other discounts but the ones above are what i have been using. (MIL is popular too)

some peeps are sent pins for room discounts.

i hope you contacted and talked to the manager there when that happened.

My husband actually spoke with the manager on duty when they checked us out too early. They did give us $50 credit, but I wasn't really happy with that. They actually wanted us to move to another room because of their mistake. Let's just say that we will never be going back to PBH!

Are there any discounts to be had when staying at one of the on-site hotels? I know about the early admission and the fast pass but do you get any discounts off restaurants in City Walk etc?

You do not get restaurant or shopping discounts as a perk of staying onsite.

You do get priority seating at restaurants.

My husband actually spoke with the manager on duty when they checked us out too early. They did give us $50 credit, but I wasn't really happy with that. They actually wanted us to move to another room because of their mistake. Let's just say that we will never be going back to PBH!

i totally understand your decision.

I've read somewhere in this board that you can call Universal to pay off your room before arrival. What number do you call? Has anyone done this? Any issues or problems when checking in?

I would guess call the hotel directly, there is a form you can fill out
to pay with a c.c. I make my ressis in spring for my fall trip. Then I send a check when ever I can to pay on the room. I like to have it paid for when I check in.

I done it this way for several trips.

You must include the reservation # and the dates ,the hotel you staying at
on the check.
Loews hotel accounting
6800 lakewood plaza dr.
Orlando, Fl. 32819

I've read somewhere in this board that you can call Universal to pay off your room before arrival. What number do you call? Has anyone done this? Any issues or problems when checking in?

If you've booked a package through UniversalOrlando.com you can call at 855-763-8192 and make a payment.

I did not book a package, just a room.

My main concern is that the total for the room would be near the limit of our back up credit card. I have this fear that something will happen to our primary card while on vacation, like it will disappear and I will have to call to cancel it. Then my backup card will get maxed out paying for the hotel. What we are going to do is call the backup card company and see if we can get a temporary raised limit for the trip. If not I will pursue paying ahead of time further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter