Staying at two resorts on one trip

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kjcat, Jul 17, 2012.

1. TX Momof2

TX Momof2 Mouseketeer

Hi JP02,
    I'd love to hear how your split stay goes in January between BWI and WL. I'm trying to decide between WL with BWI or AKL for our Jan 2014 trip. I'm just wondering how it'll be with the colder temps with all the walking outside. I love the idea of not having to wait for a bus. Have fun!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

I'd do this in reverese and stay at the BC last. Going from a deluxe to a moderate is going to be a bit of a letdown.

To the OP, split stays are not a big deal, especially on a longer trip like yours. You just call bell services and ask them to transfer your luggage.

I also agree wiht a PP who said to split your stay between 2 resorts in completely different areas of WDW, like the MK & Epcot or the MK & AK.

4. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

A Poly/BC split is my dream Disney vacation :goodvibes.

Currently, my biggest concern about it is all the rumored construction at the Poly (don't want to book it and then find out the Volcano Pool will be down after it's too late to get a discounted rate at another resort:().

I also worry somewhat that, given the spaciousness of the Poly rooms, the BC rooms might seem a bit cramped (probably a dumb thing to worry about, however). I supposed I could book BC first and Poly second, but then I worry the Volcano Pool would be a let down after SAB (probably also a dumb thing to worry about).

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

BC is our fav Epcot resort, or YC. But BC would be first choice. Mainly because I prefer the decor, and the CS is in BC.

We have done split stays on trips 10 days +

You can go to second resort and do early check in. We prefer to take a cab first thing in the morning with our luggage and do early check in to second resort. Leave our luggage with Bell Service and head to a park.
    Others prefer to use WDW Bell Service to move luggage and just head to a park, returning to second resort to check in later.

If you are planing on getting the DDP, it's very difficult to have it for both resorts, so most just put it on first reservation , then book room only for next resort, because it's not cost effective to have to buy tickets to get DDP for second resort. You can get length of stay tickets to cover total time in WDW on first res.

6. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

Never done just two .... 3, 4 and 5 though :rotfl2: