Staying at the resorts

rileyroosmom

DIS Veteran
While discussing our summer vacation plans, dh says, "instead of renting a condo in Destin, FL, why don't we go to Disney World and basically hang out at the resort and go to the parks only 1 or 2 days?" Well I get very excited and start planning (we were just in the world May and November '04) I start to look into the Beach Club thinking Stormalong Bay would keep the kids (12,8,4) entertained for a week, but the price is making my head hurt!!!($2,234 room only). So, does anyone have any suggestions for the best resort to "hang out" in?BTW, looked into the price of 3 day pass ($962), but for $80 more, I can get 7 day passes, which adds $1,000 to the cost of just hanging out!!!

TIA :sunny:

You may want to look into renting from a member over on the dvc rent/trade board. Can get a way better deal!! I am not sure what month you are going, but you will have to jump on this rightway!! BCV goes pretty quickly. I think you may have a good chance at OKW or SSR. Have stayed at both and enjoy. SSR is our home resort :sunny:

It looks like you go more than once a year...do you have an annual pass that might help you get a discount? Other options at the deluxe level might be AKL or WL. They are a little less expensive. Both have nice (not SAB) pools. AKL has a zero entry if your little one needs it. WL would have the lake, beach, boat rentals, a walk over to FW, petting farm. Even the moderates have themed pools, boat rentals, and bike rentals that might make the kids happy.

Would you consider AKL. That would be a great place to hang out for a few days. So much do do there and they have a very nice pool and pool area.

I never thought of renting points. Just looked into it and you are right, you really save a ton and get a lot more space. It's something we are discussing. Have to decide quick, we would like to go 5/28-6/3. Thanks for the information!

remember no housekeeping when staying at a DVC resort on points - what the DVC member will use to reserve your villa or room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter