Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

POR is the most beautiful of the moderate resorts. You almost forget that you are in WDW just by walking around in it.

POR looks wonderful, I have a question, I noticed the rooms and food areas look a bit rustic.. I realize this is the theming since it is relating to old New Orleans etc. so is much of the resort like this? Does most all the bedrooms look like that? Besides the royal rooms of course...

We have never stayed at POR and are considering it for our next trip but aren't huge fans of the rustic look in the rooms :/ but the royal rooms look fabulous, now are those in a different price range?

The Alligator Bayou section of POR does have a very rustic theme. I think it's charming and have requested to be in that section for my upcoming trip.:goodvibes
The mansion section is not rustic at all. Royal Rooms are located there, and they do cost a bit more than a regular room. The grounds in this area are breathtakingly beautiful - especially at night.
I have stayed in both sections and enjoy both. POR is my absolute favorite resort....I can't get myself to even consider staying anywhere else anymore.:)

The Alligator Bayou section of POR does have a very rustic theme. I think it's charming and have requested to be in that section for my upcoming trip.:goodvibes The mansion section is not rustic at all. Royal Rooms are located there, and they do cost a bit more than a regular room. The grounds in this area are breathtakingly beautiful - especially at night. I have stayed in both sections and enjoy both. POR is my absolute favorite resort....I can't get myself to even consider staying anywhere else anymore.:)

So can you answer me this? I have a family of 5. Will we for sure be in alligator bayou since that sleeps five, or are there other places? And if so, what room requests are best to make in that section? Thanks!

So can you answer me this? I have a family of 5. Will we for sure be in alligator bayou since that sleeps five, or are there other places? And if so, what room requests are best to make in that section? Thanks!

If you are a family of 5 you WILL definitely be placed in Alligator Bayou as that is the only section that sleeps 5 due to the Murphy bed. We stayed at POR for the first time 2 months ago and I was hoping and praying for the mansions section, I'm not one to make room requests but I figured since it was just 2 of us there was noway we would be placed in AB! Guess what? We were! lol I am not outdoorsy in ANY way and was sooo not into that look so I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Until we got inside! I actually loved it so much. It's so cozy and I'm totally obsessed with the "wood" shower. I truly loved the room and I was glad we were placed there :) Keep an open mind, you may be surprised! Have fun :)

Here's a more recent shot of an AB room with no bedspreads from our stay in October. We did a split stay with CSR, and I actually felt more comfortable without having the bedspread - but wish they had a runner like Deluxe and CSR to add that extra touch. Room was not at all as dark as this iPhone picture turned out. It was actually very bright and airy.

Here's the Murphy bed again as well. Perfect size for my extra tall DD5.

LOVED AB and I too was hoping for a room in the mansions. I was pleasantly surprised. It is "rustic themed" but not rustic at all (not like a rustic Northwoods cabin or anything). The kids really liked the carpet (looks like wood planks), loved Louis everywhere (pillows and on Murphy bed wall), I liked the seat over the AC unit, the tile floors in the bathroom area, the wood-looking tub surround (thought it would be too dark, but didn't feel that at all), so many little cool details in the AB rooms.

We are definitely booking preferred next time to insure we get AB and decent walking distance to everything (we were in Bldg 28 - garden view. Not bad for just 2 nights, but the paths are a bit crazy!) :rolleyes1

It depends on how old your children are....I think. If you have a child that is under 2 (or 3, not sure), you may still be able to request the mansions. :goodvibes

064_zps6bdb0dc9.jpg

Taken from the DTD boat :lovestruc

Haven't been through all the pages here,(but the pictures and other info has helped alot), but I have not seen anything about the porches. I have to use a scooter and am hoping that those are not stairs to get down to the ground! We have requested a "perfered" room close to the bus stop and food court. Am hoping for building 14 and has to be first floor. Anyone know anything about this?

Haven't been through all the pages here,(but the pictures and other info has helped alot), but I have not seen anything about the porches. I have to use a scooter and am hoping that those are not stairs to get down to the ground!

There are some access paths with steps, but there are also ramped paths for wheelchairs/ECVs. Buildings in the 14 /15 area have very good disability access.

Andre

Thank you, Andre for a quick reply! I am very relieved to know that I don't have to go hipity hop down the steps!!!!!

Ahhhh I love this thread! (I actually haven't looked at any photos yet, but :rolleyes: ) I'm staying at POR in Jan!!!! Can't wait to look at all of the pictures!

Looking for recent pics of a room in Alligator Bayou. Do they still have pedestal sinks? If so not a lot of room for toiletries.

A big :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 to all the talented photographers (whether you realize it or not) who have captured their visions for POR veterans and POR rookies alike to enjoy.

We will be there in 64 days for our first visit to POR and our return to WDW after a 20+ year absence, this time without kids.

I must confess that these photos have presented a dilemma of a sort. My DW has so far only received minimal information about our trip from me.. the family TA. As much as I want her to be excited about what is in store for her during our stay at POR by showing her these photos in advance, I want her experience the same initial "shock and awe" live and in person.

(I think the "let her wait & see" approach will win out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter