Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Disney%202013%202%20-6541-XL.jpg

Disney%202013%202%20-6543-XL.jpg

Disney%202013%202%20-6575-XL.jpg

Thank you to all who have posted pictures. We have our first POR stay booked for November and all of these photos just get me more excited about our choice to stay here. We've stayed at POFQ before and loved it, but we never made our way to POR. We want to stay at all the Mods eventually and stayed at CBR previously too, so this year it was between CSR and POR and these photos make me believe we have really made the right choice.

PizzaMan, 4 weeks from today we'll be checking into this beautiful resort. Thanks for the great pictures!:worship:

It'll be heaven...would be curious to know if the water wheel is running normal. The first week in March it would run for 3 or 4 minutes then slow down to almost a stop for a minute, then start up again..

Disney%202013%203%20-6617-XL.jpg

would be curious to know if the water wheel is running normal. The first week in March it would run for 3 or 4 minutes then slow down to almost a stop for a minute, then start up again..

I've always been curious as to how 'real' that wheel and the indoors mechanisms are. Are the wheel and the inside stuff all really directly linked, so they always all run together? And does the wheel actually get turned by the force of the pumped water flow - or is it a Disney cheat and the wheel and/or inside mechanisms run by motor and the water flow is just for show? It all looks very real and convincing... but then the Disney Imagineers have always been very good at making things look convincing.

Andre

I've always been curious as to how 'real' that wheel and the indoors mechanisms are. Are the wheel and the inside stuff all really directly linked, so they always all run together? And does the wheel actually get turned by the force of the pumped water flow - or is it a Disney cheat and the wheel and/or inside mechanisms run by motor and the water flow is just for show? It all looks very real and convincing... but then the Disney Imagineers have always been very good at making things look convincing.

Andre

That's funny you say that as I have wondered the same thing and have to study it every time we go. I do believe the inside and outside are connected because the whole unit would slow down and speed up together.

I just can't get myself to believe that the small amount of water in the wheel has enough weight to turn the whole thing. But then I think of all the things Disney builds that are exact replicas and made with the same tools available from the time period.

I guess I don't want to know if it is fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY6X4bEmIBo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter