Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

ONLY a 17 minute bus ride? You just made my day. :banana: Granted I know there are pick up/drop offs when on a bus but I swear our travel agent said an hour to get from door to door from POR to the MK!

how about to the other parks? thanks again for your help

Yes, the actual ride on the bus is 17 minutes. However, your travel agent has a good point. If you have an ADR at one of the parks, allow an hour from your room to the ADR. Here's how/why getting to and ADR at Crystal Palace MK could take an hour

8:15A - Leave your room
8:20A - Arrive at bus stop just as a bus to MK is pulling away
8:40A - Get on the bus to MK
8:57A - Depart bus
9:07A - Make it through the Main Gate and bag check
9:15A - Arrive at your ADR

And actually, they request you check-in for an ADR 15 mintues before.

I only point this out because friends of ours were very late for an ADR one morning. We had just gotten back from a stay at CBR and they were going the next week. They asked how long the bus ride was to MK. I told them about 20 minutes. Well they didn't tell me they were asking because they had an ADR. The left their room at CBR at 8:20 for an 8:45 ADR at Crystal Palace and didn't get there until 9:15.

ONLY a 17 minute bus ride? You just made my day. :banana: Granted I know there are pick up/drop offs when on a bus but I swear our travel agent said an hour to get from door to door from POR to the MK!

how about to the other parks? thanks again for your help

Your travel agent might have been giving you some worst case scenario! Or as Dansdad said, trying to get you used to the idea to leave in plenty of time for any dining reservations you have.

The trip from POR to MK (once all stops are picked up and its leaving the resort) is as someone said around 15-20 minutes. I'll add its a very pretty ride, they go the back way by Ft. Wildnerness and in the early evenings, we always see lots of deer. Its not a far ride at all since they do take that back route.

If you drive, this route doesn't work since you bypass the whole parking area. But the busses can take it and it saves time and again, gives a scenic route.

Epcot and DHS are even closer, AK is probably about the same as MK.

Andre - Thanks for this awesome thread. I'm so excited to stay at this beautiful resort. Many thanks to all of the great picture takers too.

I have booked a garden view room and absolutely love the mansions, but also love convenience. Truth be told, I really would love to stay at a mansion. However, kids also like AB.

So, does it seem reasonable that for a room request (which I of course know how that goes, we're running 50-50 on that), I put on the first line Bldgs. 80 or 85 and on the second line I put Bldgs. 16 or 17.?

Here's another one of the Murphy-

IMG_2257Ed2.jpg

Do you think a six almost seven year old would fit on the Murphy bed alright?

Do you think a six almost seven year old would fit on the Murphy bed alright?

Oh yeah. My boys are big for their ages. My 4 going on 5 year old (turns 5 on Halloween) is 46in tall and weighs 44lbs and my 6 going on 7 year old (turns 7 in Dec) is 48in tall and weighs 51lbs. My 4 year old slept on it, but my 6 year old laid on it too and he fit just fine.

I've not seen any photos posted here for a bit, so I thought I'd mention some Port Orleans Riverside 360-degree panoramas that I've recently created, including the marina area, the Ol' Man Island pool and the entrance lobby.

I don't think I can post them directly as scrollable images here, so check them out at my POR Panoramas Page. Oh, and there are even extra versions using Apple's Quicktime format too, for all those "Flash-challenged" ;) souls among us (I do wish Apple would stop sticking their head in the sand and get their act together!).

I'm really pleased with the results anyway - next trip I'm going to spend a bit more time out and about around the resort with my tripod I think.

They look great in full screen by the way, just right-click anywhere on the image and select Fullscreen - let me know what you think.

Andre

Andre, those are AWESOME! Totally makes me feel like I'm standing there just looking around. I only wish my monitor was larger so I could enjoy it even more!

Hey Andre,

Just wanted to say thanks again. I'm re-reading this whole thread as I'm staying at POR for the first time in 5 days. I now have a larger monitor and I still enjoy looking at those! (And your whole website). Thanks again for all your hard work!

Just 1 more week for myself DD16 and her friend...hoping to get a Mansion Room for us....can't wait ! Counting down the days to POR. :cool1:

if anyone has some, more pics of refurbished rooms pretty please! :flower3:

Just 1 more week for myself DD16 and her friend...hoping to get a Mansion Room for us....can't wait ! Counting down the days to POR. :cool1:

We arrive tomorrow and I am hoping for a mansion room too. I like the outside of Alligator Bayou, but not so much the inside. Oh well, I'll be happy no matter what though!

I'll take tons and tons of pictures to post on this thread, don't worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter