Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by DJ Disney Kid, Feb 21, 2008.

1. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Concierge desk should be able to help you if they are not too busy, not sure whether it's an official service though.

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. IslandAdventure4

IslandAdventure4 Salt Life Livin

Woo Hoo we will be there in November, Cant wait..... :cool1: :yay:

4. Gabes_mommy

Gabes_mommy Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fana

I just booked 2 nights at POR in December for a quick holiday trip. I am so excited!!! :cool1:

I have only stayed at POR once with a friend and it was only one night and we were at the resort for a total of about 10 hours so this is like my first stay there and it will be my family's first stay there.

I want a room in Alligator Bayou - what building should we request? We will be driving so location of the bus stops is not important and we will be eating at the Food Court a lot. Thanks in advance!!! :goodvibes

5. lucas

lucas °o°

I think we'll be there at the same time! We arrive Dec 11 for 3 nights.

6. Googelibear

Googelibear Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

Concierge printed passes for me at POR. The staff at the resort is extremely helpful

Boarding passes can be printed at Guest Services in the parks

7. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

Man..i think the above rooms look better than the "redone" current rooms.. :(

I keep trying to get excited about this trip in March - staying at AB POR - but, it's really not my style (decor wise)and i need to really find something to change my way of thinking.. We are there for 10 days, and have a discount due to the 1/2 marathon, so i have to stay at this resort.. but i really really need to peek my excitment here.. Please, can someone post more room pics of AB?

ETA: don't get me wrong, i think the resort grounds are very pretty, and the main buildings are very nice...and i am SURE we will have a great time reguardless.. it's just not my decor style (i am more of a CBR / poly kinda girl.. ;) )

8. dogodisney

dogodisney DIS Veteran

I like the looks of the old room too. That palm tree does not go with that decor though. :rotfl:
    I too like the decor of CBR but ya know POR AB really isn't bad. I thought I wouldn't like it but it looks a lot better in person and the room is really kinda cheery. We really spend so little time in the room that it's not that big of a deal. The grounds are really nice. We are actually staying here again in Dec.
    At one point we talked about staying at one of the values and my DD(16) asked if we could stay at POR because she wants to go see Yehaa Bob. If you've never seen him, you really should see one of his shows. He's a lot of fun. Keep an open mind and I bet you'll like it or at least find thiongs about it that you like. ;) Have a great trip. :goodvibes

9. Caitsmama

Thanks.. i know we will have a blast, and with the marathon and the wedding going on that week, we will be busy reguardless... And, it's Disney, so i know it will be great..

But, i think maybe that palm tree and lighter/brighter colors in the first pic was why i liked it better.. LOL Reminded me more of a "rustic" beach club.. LMAO

10. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

hey cait congrats on the engagement!! luv all the pics

11. Gabes_mommy

Gabes_mommy Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fana

Cool! We live in PB County too. I love being so close to WDW. :goodvibes

12. Googelibear

I haven't read all your posts, but why are you not staying where you want to stay?
    You may change your mind about staying in the Bayou section when you have a second floor room your see trees and greenery all around you. For me it is a secluded, treehouse kind of a feeling.
    I so missed that in January when we tried out POFQ. I would never stay there again unless I had to.

13. Caitsmama

Ha, it's not MY engagement!! I've been married for 11 years! :lmao: It's my sister, she is getting married at WDW in March.

14. Caitsmama

We have to stay there b/c that is the mod. hotel for the Princess 1/2 Marathon , we get a discount.. and it's enough to warrent staying there.. They are honoring the race discount for the full 9 nights we are staying!

I am sure once i get there i will enjoy it.. it just seems i am not AS excited as i am when i stay at other places.. that's all. ;) However, it's Disney, for 10 days.. so that alone makes it awesome! :banana: And my sis and her fiance are staying at POR too (in the mansions) so that's great too!

15. Googelibear

Very true. I can't help but get up early at Disney. I am outside every morning watching the fog, the bunnies and squirrels and not a sound other than the birds all around.
    I can't wait. I have 42 or so days to go :woohoo:

16. Yarna

Yarna Wishing I were at WDW

It's a beautiful resort 24/7, but particularly so at the break of dawn. It's enchantingly quiet, and it's like being in your own Disney movie watching all the animals scurry around on a brisk autumn or winter morning. Vacation is so close I can taste it!

17. Villains_Rock

Villains_Rock For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom

18. Googelibear

He will~

My husband did not want to go to Disney until he figured out that I plan an exceptional trip with the best food at the signature restaurants and he loves POR! It's definitely a more rugged resort, talking about the AB section, that it appeals to men more then some other resorts

19. firegoofy

firegoofy Earning My Ears

Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas decorations we were last there January'08 after the decorations were down and we are going mid-December for DD's birthday. Just trying to get a sneak peek and didn't see any pictures earlier in the thread. Thanks.

20. 2gr8DisneyKids

2gr8DisneyKids DIS Veteran

Unless you need the trundle you can always stay at one of the "plantation" hotels. I am going to be at POR from the 5th to the 11th for the princess half too!

Was not too excited about the decor either, but love the idea if the trundle since we have 6 and 2 year olds who cannot share a bed. :rotfl2:

21. ♥♥LittleSeaRose♥♥

♥♥LittleSeaRose♥♥ Mouseketeer

Port Orleans has such a cute southern look to it!