Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

25 day and I will be able to enjoy this resort for myself.:dance3:

In 16 short days we will be there for our 4th consecutive year! We love POR! And this tiem we are bringing friends!

Wow this thread has grown so much. Such wonderful pictures.
WE love POR like no other. Made a huge mistake staying over at the French Quarter in January. That won't happen again. In November it is POR for us, unless we win the lottery then we would stay in one of the Epcot resorts :worship:

So can we talk Boatwrights? Has anyone been and enjoyed it? We want to try it on the day we arrive so we have time to checkout the resort and not have to worry about getting to a restaurant. The menu looks good...so what entrees and desserts do you guys recommend?

So can we talk Boatwrights? Has anyone been and enjoyed it? We want to try it on the day we arrive so we have time to checkout the resort and not have to worry about getting to a restaurant. The menu looks good...so what entrees and desserts do you guys recommend?

DH & I ate there on our honeymoon in 2003. We loved it. (Mainly cause it was free. We had a problem changing resorts after deciding AS Sports wasn't romantic enough. LOL After telling our story to the CM checking us IN at POR, he gave us vouchers for a free dinner at Boatwrights. How nice was THAT??) We did have a delicious meal and had planned to go back...but....

They've changed the menu since then...not too sure about it now.

POR boat

WDW2009683.jpg

Sidewalk

WDW2009684.jpg

Bridge

WDW2009685.jpg

Another sidewalk view

WDW2009686.jpg

Parterre Place sign

WDW2009687.jpg

Boat

WDW2009688.jpg

A dinner from Riverside Mill

WDW2009079.jpg

Bob Jackson at the River Roost

WDW2009153.jpg

Old Man Island

WDW2009676.jpg

Old Man Island
WDW2009675.jpg

In November it is POR for us, unless we win the lottery then we would stay in one of the Epcot resorts :worship:

Grin, I'm typing this from POR (Magnolia Terrace river view, you can see the view live on my website) and we move to the Beach Club tomorrow, so I guess same sort of ideas!

So can we talk Boatwrights? Has anyone been and enjoyed it?

Went a few days ago for dinner. Hadn't been for a good few years and we really enjoyed it; nice food, good service and a fun location. We all said we actually preferred it to our meal at Narcoosee's the following night.

Andre

Went a few days ago for dinner. Hadn't been for a good few years and we really enjoyed it; nice food, good service and a fun location. We all said we actually preferred it to our meal at Narcoosee's the following night.

Andre

Thanks! :thumbsup2 So glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! BTW, any recommendations on what to order?

I stayed at POFQ in July and we walked up to Riverside for breakfast one morning. It was beautiful.

J162.jpg

J163.jpg

J164.jpg

J169.jpg

J170.jpg

I have others but they're not on photobucket yet. I'll work on that!

Birds hanging out by the waterwheel/foodcourt area:

Riverside-SeaGull-1.jpg

One of the quiet pools at night:

riversidequietpool-1.jpg

Sink area in Alligator Bayou room:

riversideroom-1.jpg

Other side of sink area:

riversideroom2-1.jpg

Waiting on the bed at check in:

riversidetowelanimal.jpg

Waiting in the window at check in:

riversidetowelanimal3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter