• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at POR and want to go to US/IOA this week to see.

KingdomHearts24

Earning My Ears
Hello all! First time poster and long time lurker. I'll be going on the 9/10 and really want to go to the new Diagon Alley attraction. Just need a few questions answered. It will be much appreciated

1. What would be the cheapest and most reliable transportation from POR to US/IOA.

2. How early would I need to be at the parks before opening especially US. I don't mind waiting a few hours for gringotts.

3. Would it be worth it to get the tickets to visit both parks in one day for the hogwarts express train?

4. Would it be worth it to get the express passes?

Would like to save as much money as possible but also don't mind spending if it's worth the price tag. Thanks guys!

Don't know about transportation, we usually take our car. I would plan on getting there just a little before opening, too early doesn't seem to help that much. I personally think it's worth the two park ticket to do the train, even with 7of us. We always go on a Wednesday, or mid week, and have never needed the express pass because you can't use it on Harry potter stuff ( assuming they follow with the new stuff). The rest of the park shouldn't be bad in September. We go every year in September, even the year harry potter opened, and midweek, always avoided the crowds.

We are also looking to go to Universal for 2 days during our Disney stay in September/October. I just read about park to park access and transportation transfer(mears) ticket through dreams unlimited. Any one with experience? Any help would be appreciated.

We are going on 9/10 as well so interested to find out more about transportation

We used to use Mears a lot and were always impressed with the service. If you book the standard shuttle it was around $15 per person and it may stop at other WDW hotels en route to Universal. You can also book private towncars if you prefer which won't make other stops.
If there is a large group or you want to do more than one day then renting a car may be a better option, you can rent from the onsite rental location at Disney and they will pick you up from POR and drive you to the rental location. Don't forget you will then need to pay parking at Universal.

In terms of Express pass that depends how much you want to do in a day and what time of year. We visited in September and rode everything we wanted to without using express pass but had several 30min waits. If you are at a busier time or really don't want to wait get Express Pass. Or if you want to do both parks in 1 day you will need express!

As to getting park-to-park to ride Hogwarts Express, that is up to you, it depends if you want to see both parks and/or if you want to ride Hogwarts express, although most reviews seem to indicate it is worth riding!

You might check Uber. You can order them on their phone app and be there in minutes. They just started in Orlando.
Otherwise Mears.

We used Mears once, for the five of us back in 1994. A very bad experience, both ways but I think that is unusual. Since there were 5 of us, we have always just cabbed it each way. That way you don't have to wait for all the stops. And it didn't cost us anymore. We still cab it, even for 2-3 people. It costs around $30-35 each way.

I have used the meArs shuttle service to universal from all star music. It cost 20 dollars round trip per person. I called and booked the shuttle the day before I used it. I took the earliest Shuttle which was at 7 for a 9 park opening. The shuttle stopped at 3 other hotels and sea world before going to universal. The ride was comfy and the driver nice. I was given a return ticket to use in the evening. The ride home was busy and a little stressful/ unorganized to get on the bus. Otherwise it was comfy and effective. The bus stopped at sea world a 2 hotels before my stop. Very good option for one or two people. It would be cheaper to take a cab or car service for a larger group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter