Staying at Hyatt-Process for Transfers?

Gretel

I like being ME
For the life of me I can't remember how we did this years ago-help!

I'm not sure I understand your specific question. I assume you're referring to the Hyatt MCO (in the airport) the night before your cruise and you have transfers booked with DCL? If this is the case, then you will get off your plane, retrieve your luggage from bag claim and then head to the Hyatt and check in to your room. There you can tell them you are sailing with DCL. They will give you paperwork regarding the process, but basically you'll leave your luggage in your hotel room. Take your carry-ons with anything you need. Head down to the DCL bus and get on. Then greet your baggage when it arrives at your stateroom. Couldn't be easier! :)

If you are talking about the Hyatt at the MCO airport, just tell them you are taking the Disney cruise the following day. If you have not yet made arrangements, they will help, I promise! They give you a piece of paper with instructions telling you to have your luggage outside by 8:30 or 9, then you take your day bag down to the DCL transfer area where they will put you on a bus and take you to the port. So easy!

You keep your luggage inside your hotel room at the Hyatt. They will come in and get it. Don't leave it in the hall at the Hyatt. The letter from the Hyatt states they want you to keep your luggage inside your room, near the door.

MJ

You keep your luggage inside your hotel room at the Hyatt. They will come in and get it. Don't leave it in the hall at the Hyatt. The letter from the Hyatt states they want you to keep your luggage inside your room, near the door.

MJ

Yes, and we also prepared an envelope with several dollars in it on top of one of the suitcases. As it happens, as we were leaving the room, the luggage porter was literally about to knock on our door. Great timing! We went down to the food court and ate breakfast and we were on the second bus out.

I love the Hyatt and the ease that they provide for getting to DCL port. Besides the fact that the hotel is so quiet considering its at the airport, the fact your bags can be left in the room and show up on the ship is just fantastic. Can't wait for May to go through it all again :)

That is a great service - first time for us staying at the Hyatt before our cruise. I did have a question though for those that have taken DCL transportation from the Hyatt, do you recall the earliest bus time you can catch?

Not too be too obvious, did you already purchase the transfers from Disney? That is is a big step to get out of the way.

That is a great service - first time for us staying at the Hyatt before our cruise. I did have a question though for those that have taken DCL transportation from the Hyatt, do you recall the earliest bus time you can catch?

I think it was 9:30-9:45ish? We arrived down there around 9:45 and the first bus was just pulling away. We got on the second bus and we arrived at port, I want to say, around 10:45 or so. We were on the ship by 11:15ish from what I remember. It was perfect timing. We checked in, used the bathroom, posed for a picture with Goofy and then they were calling our boarding group.

I assume you do not have to leave your luggage in the room and you could bring it down to the bus with you (checked luggage not just your carry on). Last time we were on a cruise we had a terrible experience with lost luggage so we would rather bring it down ourselves to see that it gets on the bus to port rather than just assume someone got it out of the room. I know they are probably very trustworthy but I would rather not worry until it shows up at my door. Please let me know if this is possible.

Exactly as everyone described. Just wanted to add how easy it was, and how relaxed we were the night before :)

I assume you do not have to leave your luggage in the room and you could bring it down to the bus with you (checked luggage not just your carry on). Last time we were on a cruise we had a terrible experience with lost luggage so we would rather bring it down ourselves to see that it gets on the bus to port rather than just assume someone got it out of the room. I know they are probably very trustworthy but I would rather not worry until it shows up at my door. Please let me know if this is possible.

Yes, you can bring your bags with you to the bus. Luggage picked up from the Hyatt goes directly to the DCL transport truck to be taken directly to the ship for immediate processing. Taking your luggage to the bus with you just means that you will hand it off to the porters at the terminal when you get there and it will be a little later in the screening process.

You could.

Our luggage was picked up on the very early side of the estimate; we were still in the room and opened the door for the guy. So I KNEW that they had my bags, and I felt a lot better about the whole thing.

Has anyone ever heard of a bad experience leaving your luggage in the Hyatt room?

I have never, not here or on cruisecritic.com's message boards, heard of a bad experience leaving luggage in the Hyatt room.

Caveat: you have to have to have to make SURE you have told them at checkin that you're taking the transfers, that you are on the list, and you are given that letter. The letter means you're on the list, so don't cause a problem by forgetting to tell them. :) Also, have it booked beforehand with DCL.

We used this in Nov. and loved it. We were also worried about the luggage getting to the ship. We just double checked with the hotel in the morning that we were indeed on the list. It all showed up no problem! Also, we went down right at 8:30 to get in line for the first bus to port and there was already a little line.

We stayed at the MCO Hyatt and used the Disney Bus to get to Port Canaveral 2 weeks ago. It was a very easy process. Here's a pic of the letter the Hyatt gave us about the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter