Staying at Hyatt MCO night before cruise, how do I...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mastiff, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff Mouseketeer

Flying in the night before our cruise and staying at Hyatt MCO. I have Disney transfers from MCO to port. How do I get my luggage to Disney for the cruise?
    I am going to assume there is a Disney Cruise Line area to check in but just want to be sure.

Could someone let me know how this works.

Thanks for all the help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMom2008

DisneyMom2008 Mouseketeer

At check in tell them you are going on the Disney cruise and they will give you a paper with instructions. You can either carry the luggage with you or leave it outside your room and the hotel will take care of it for you. That is what we do. Make sure you keep a carry on with what you will need for the day because you will not see them until they arrive at your stateroom in the afternoon. There is a line in the lobby for check in for the Disney transfers. It is pretty easy!

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Our last trip to the Hyatt they told us to leave the luggage INSIDE the room and they came to pick it up in the morning...we did not have to be there.

MJ

5. 3Bells

3Bells Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Hyatt in 2009 and were also told to leave our luggage inside our room. I was a bit hesitant, but put my trust in Disney. :thumbsup2They know what they're doing. Have a great trip!

6. kjd469

kjd469 Addicted to WDW

Yes, we were also told to leave the luggage INSIDE the room. It was a bit scary, but lo and behold, it did show up on the ship :) Just make sure to inform them on check-in that you are cruising with DCL and get the form and fill it out to insure they know to pick up your luggage in the morning.

Really a great service and super easy!

7. Mickey Dog

Mickey Dog Earning My Ears

Follow up Question: Do you have to be using the DCL bus? Will they still take care of you luggage if you are taking a limo?

8. Lauralooneyfordisney

Lauralooneyfordisney DIS Veteran

No, you have to be using the DCL transfer service.

9. awatt

awatt <font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float

Can anyone tell me what time the DCL transfer busses start running from the Hyatt MCO to Port Canaveral?

10. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

Our last cruise we too left our luggage in the room to be picked up. BUT...our next trip is just 3 weeks away and when I booked our room at the Hyatt, they told me that they no longer collect luggage from the rooms and that we had to bring it down ourselves. I hope that this is wrong, and from what everyones saying my hopes are growing. I may call them again to see if I get a different answer.

11. Ikaikalani

I don't know of a specific time the transfer busses start running, but on my last cruise we went down to the checkin area about 8:30 and we're checked in and on a bus by about 10:15.

12. Ikaikalani

GREAT NEWS!!! I just called the Hyatt MCO and they still collect your luggage for you...and from inside the room!