Staying at AKL with an 8 a.m. CRT ressie

spicycrab

Mouseketeer
My CRT ressie is at 8:05 a.m. We are staying at AKL. What are my best options as far as transportation? (No rental car) I'm assuming the buses go on some kind of rotation but would I be able to request one to pick us up? Someone I spoke to mentioned grabbing a taxi if I was really concerned. Would DD (5)have to have a car seat if we did that?

TIA!

Last time I was at POR, I never had a problem taking the bus for an early ressie. Just give youself at least an hour in case you're waiting a while for a bus. Also, no car seat requirement for taxis.

Depending what time that day the ak opens, you could take a bus there, then hop on the cr bus, or take the bus to mk, then monorail or walk over to cr. If all else fails a cab will work, but I don't know about car seats. Good luck!

We had the same reservation in may. We also stayed at AKL. We just grabbed one of the taxis outside of the lobby around 7:15 and had them take us to the Contemporary resort. The fee was around 25 dollars, and was around a 15 min ride. Worked out perfect. It's around a 5-10 min walk to the gates. They allowed us into the park around 7:45 so we had plenty of time to take photos and be second in line for our reservation.

Also my daughter was 4 at the time and we just had her sit between us on the taxi ride. Not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

@tehSAC - why did you have the taxi drop you off at Contemporary? Is that the entrance you have to use?

That is the closest the cabs can get to the MK gates. Otherwise they will take you to the TTC and you would have to grab a ferry or monorail ride over to the gates.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney usually has bus service running to parks that have restaurants with early morning seating. We have never had a problem getting a bus from our resort to a park for a reservation before the park opens.
I would recommend being out at the bus stop as early as possible though. Even though buses are running they are not as consistent with the 20 min time frame.

We had an 8:05 breakfast ressie at CRT. We took the MK bus around 7:10 and arrived around 7:30. We still had to wait to get in. They let us in around 7:55. The park opened up at 9am that day.

We just had the same scenario on our last trip. We were staying at AKL and had an 8:10 ADR at CRT.

We got to the bus stop at 6:30, a bus showed up at 6:50. We were at the gates at 7:10 and they let us onto Main Street at 7:30. Worked perfectly, we had plenty of time for photos on Main Street and at the castle before breakfast.

just remember if you are not sure check with the front desk or guest services, they can help you too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter