Stay, Play Dine Package Price gone UP!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by louisedisney, Oct 20, 2012.

1. louisedisney

louisedisney Earning My Ears

Hi,
    I was looking to make a modification to my S/P/D reservation, so I priced it over the web today, and the price for the same reservation have gone up by $110.00 for a value resort. I made the original reservation online, it is the same kind of room (standard), the same days of tickets, and the same QSDP. SO I really have no idea why it is more expensive now. I called and the CM didn't really know the answer, even though she confirmed the change in price, and If I wanted to make the modification, I had to pay for the new price. :mad:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mrsdrake625

mrsdrake625 DIS Veteran

interesting... so does this mean we should jump on the discounts when they first come out?? crazy...

Maybe your view/room type changed? or they sold out of the room type you originally had?

4. nooneshome

nooneshome but us dis shutins-send help or APs

yikes. I just checked mine and it went up too. This trip can only happen if several things fall into place and this increase might be the deal breaker.

5. louisedisney

It was the same room type. It in the all stars sports, so they only have standard and preferred. :s.

6. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

There was a post yesterday where it was reported that someone was told they had mispriced the S/P/D package when it was released. They have corrected whatever that error was and while they will honor the price of already made reservations on the package, new reservations will cost more.

The error probably explains some of the posts this past week where people were trying to figure out why their prices seem less expensive than they had calculated it should be.

7. luvdisney24

luvdisney24 DIS Veteran

I was told yesterday afternoon, when they loaded the SPD offer originally, it was done incorrectly. They fixed the system at some point yesterday. All reservations booked prior to yesterday are at a lower price and anything booked yesterday going forward will be higher in price. Disney said they will honor the lower price on already booked/deposited reservations.

8. planplan

planplan Mouseketeer

you are correct..if i pull up my same trip its $180 more than when i booked it...i booked when it was still a visa discount

9. Jonesloonybin

Jonesloonybin DIS Veteran

Weird. I just checked our package (only difference is that I had to use CBR standard since POFQ standard is sold out) and I got the exact same price?

:confused3

10. Jonesloonybin

Jonesloonybin DIS Veteran

I wonder if the problem was with the ticket prices? We are only getting 1 day base tickets with our package since we already have tickets. Maybe that is why ours is still coming up the same price. :confused3

11. luvdisney24

luvdisney24 DIS Veteran

They did say it had something to do with the tickets so Jonesloonybin, that could be why your price is still the same.

12. Ted in Halifax

Ted in Halifax Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

I have 2 adults, 2 kids (11 and 9) at POP from Feb 24th to March 8th. I booked this first day for $3,507 with 10 day (no hopper etc) and with QSP. Yes, I just repriced it and it is something like $3,670.

13. bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19 Mouseketeer

Just checked ours and it is now about $100 more than what we paid.

14. Sarah_Rose

Sarah_Rose DIS Veteran

Weird. Just priced ours out and it's only $25 more than what I booked at. It is more, but not that much higher like others have reported.

We're booked POP for 5 nights with 4 day PH tickets and QSDP.

15. fivebyfive

fivebyfive Mouseketeer

Wow! I just checked and our vacation at PoFQ with Deluxe Dining is now pricing out at about $300 MORE! I'm SO glad our TA changed our reservation when she did. Can you imagine the money Disney has lost since this mistake? :eek:

16. Starclassic

Starclassic ‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and be

Just checked ours too. The resort we booked (ASMu) no longer has standard rooms available for our dates, so I priced ASSp, and it's $72 more than what we paid.

17. louisedisney

It depends on the resort, the lenght of stays and the days of tickets.

18. Nanny2004

Nanny2004 Mouseketeer

Just checked mine and it is $185.84 more. Glad I got in on the "mistaken" prices. :dance3:

19. MrsMouse74

MrsMouse74 Earning My Ears

WOW, Just figured mine out and it is $276 more! I'm also glad I got in under Disney's mistake!:cool1:

20. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Mine stayed the same price, guess its cause I only have 1 day park tickets, we have APs.

21. WDWPooh

WDWPooh Mouseketeer

$202 here :cool1: