Stay on top of your points on the member website

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a stay at SSR and at BCV. I was just online and was looking at my points, and it said that I had 22 points in holding. :confused3 I could not figure out why, or even what had happened since we did not cancel anything while we were there. I called member services to figure this out. It turns out that someone at BCV front desk, cancelled my ressie, then rebooked it and that is why I had the 22 holding points. Thankfully the wonderful DVC MS figured it out and fixed it. If I had not been on top if this I wonder how long it would have been before I would have figured this out.

I was looking to see how many points I would need to change my Easter ressie, and notice the holding points.

Moral - Stay on top of your points and know where they are! :thumbsup2

Yeah, the resort front desks have control over our points. It's somewhat scary, I think. Glad you were on top of it!

That certainly is frightening. bwvBound, where did it happen to you? I think I remember reading of it happening to someone else, but I think it was more than a month ago, so this would be the third case we know of where rooms are inexplicably cancelled at the front desk. Scares the bejeebers out of me. Last year, we showed up to HHI, only to be told that the last 3 days of our trip had been cancelled-and no one knew who did it. I called MS the next morning, and they insisted we'd done it (I don't think so since we were flying and couldn't leave earlier than our flight reservations). And to make things worse, the resort was full all week. We never did get an answer to how this really happened-I don't think I could control myself if I knew who to blame, so I didn't push on it. Thankfully, HHI found us a room, but it was day-by-day where we'd be. Very stressful!

Thanks for posting this! I just went and checked mine, thankfully they're right.:goodvibes Thanks, April

Wow. I can't believe that it has happened to others. What I can't understand is why or even how the front desk people have access to our points like this. I'm just thankful that I was looking and was able to have it corrected.

A couple years ago we were staying Sun-Thurs nights on points and had a cash reservation for Friday night. The reservations were linked and we were told we wouldn't have to move. I went for a walk on Friday morning. When I returned the basket of linens was outside my door. I thought I was not going to be able to stay in the same room for that cash night so I called the front desk.

The reply--"You had a family emergency and checked out yesterday. We put the points for last night back into your account. We wondered who was staying in that room!"

My thoughts--Duh-Wouldn't you call or knock on the door and ask who is staying in a room you think is empty?

My reply--"No, we didn't have a family emergency, We didn't call and check out yesterday. We intend to stay until tomorrow as planned."

Sure enough when I checked my points I found that points had been returned to my account and then removed a day later. Who knows how I got mixed up in someone else's emergency.:confused3 MY guess is the wrong room number was put into a computer.

Oh, I did not realise that this could be done at the front desk. That could explain something odd which happened on my account with a reservation I had made for another person. Up until now, I thought that they had had access to my account through MS.

Same thing happened to us last year. We had a Guest staying at AKV and the Front Desk added the DDP for them at check in. The original reservation points went into holding and they borrowed points for the new reservation. It took several phone calls and days to get it all corrected.

:) Bill

The exact same thing happened to us this past July. We were in a 2brdm @ SSR. While we were there I was checking my points & noticed they charged me twice for the arrival night. Prior to our arrival the point standing was correct. I called MS right away & after being on the phone for over 2 hrs with a supervisor they said they had to recheck all our point usage for the year. We had already gone 14 times in a year. Supervisor said she'd call me the following week when we got home. Fast forward I call MS & they claimed to have left a msg on my answering machine stating they found the error. Ok but my acct still showed the extra points being used. Spent another 2 hrs on the phone & they finally gave me my points back.....After all that I told DH we needed a vacation...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter