Stay at Loews Resort go to Disney

FeeFeeWhite

<font color=blue>No longer needs to beg for update
We are getting such a great rate at the Loews resorts that we are going to stay there and just drive to disney for the week. We are AP holders and still would have to pay over $100 night more for equivalent rooms. We are getting $129 for PB and did have a Cabin for $222 plus the golf cart or it would be around $330 night at GF or Beach Club. Are we doing the right thing? I can't believe that Disney have brought us to this. I hope we do not miss any magic. By the way we have stayed on-site at least 15 times in the past at almost all the resorts!

I think you'll have lots of fun! When we stay at Universal we always go tootling around Orlando..shopping, sightseeing,etc. I don't think driving to disney will be that big a deal.

FeeFeeWhite, i'm sure you'll love PBH.... i've heard so many great things about it... i really want to try staying there myself on our next WDW trip.
the new "discounts" this year at WDW resorts just aren't good enough. :(

anyway, i have a question, what dates and what discount are you using to get that incredible $129/night rate???

Hi disneyberry,

Check out this thread. You should be able to read about all the dates and rates using the different discounts. Good Luck:)

Rate and Date

Hi,

I've been keeping tabs on what rates are available, but I've never heard of $129 at PBH. Could you elaborate on where you found it? I have only seen the $129 at RP. I checked the dates and rates thread and did not see it there either. Please tell us!

You will love PBH...it is equivalent, if not better than the Grand Floridian. We absolutely love it. In fact, hubby and I feel the same way you do...we love the Loews hotels. Even universals RPR..the lowest priced of the three is equivalent to a disney deluxe, actually nicer than the disney deluxe resorts...so we too, look to see if there is availability at a Universal resort first.

We are AP holders at both parks, but Universal treats their annual passholders with much more respect. And the employees at universal resorts are actually happy you are there. The service is superior to disney.

You are going to have a great time!

Fee Fee would you tell us all how you got such a terrific rate ($129.00) at Portofino? Thanks so much! :)

It is an AP rate with an automatic upgrade since I booked by a certain date, so it is a Bay View. We were originally at RP, but when I heard this I changed. We will be staying our last 3 days at RP for $110. One night was available for $99, but it would not give me the Ent rate $110 for only 2 nights, it had to be 3 (maybe since it was over a weekend). The $99 was a weeknight.

We are thinking of staying at RPH and driving to DW too. For the price and quality of the room, Disney falls short. I would love to stay onsite at Disney, I just can't justify spending that kind of money when we can get the same amenities.:(

We'll be doing the same thing on spring Break in March! I just can't give up my Loew's resorts!!! We are staying at the Hampton Inn near Disney the first night, but the next four nights willbe at RP club. This will be our first time w/o IOA/USF park passes. It's going to kill me just to do Disney! LOL
Anyway, I think it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter