Stay at Jambo and use Kidani pool

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by vbarry, May 26, 2009.

1. vbarry

vbarry DIS Veteran

Hi- we are heading down to AKV in early August before driving to Hilton Head. I was able to get a SV view studio at Jambo but would love to try the pool at Kidani. Can we do this? Thanks!:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dianeschlicht

dianeschlicht <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon

Absolutely! If you are staying on points, your keycard from Jambo will allow you into the Kidani pool area.

4. vbarry

vbarry DIS Veteran

Yep! staying on points. The pool at Kidani looks sooo fun!

5. LIFERBABE

LIFERBABE DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

I thought the pool was open to all guests of AKL not just those staying on points. Is this not correct?:confused3

6. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

That is my understanding as well. :confused3

7. SFLTIGGER

SFLTIGGER Mouseketeer

I actually thought it was the other way around and that only Kidani guests had access to the pool area at Kidani.

Stay at Kidani access Kidani and Jambo house, stay at Jambo only access to Jambo.

Would really like to know if dianeschlicht is right. popcorn::

8. SuzanneSLO

SuzanneSLO DIS Veteran

We had no problem accessing the Kidani pool while staying at Jambo earlier this month. -- Suzanne

9. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

Actually, I really don't have any doubt that Jambo guests can use Kidani pool whether they are cash paying or on point stays. I had several CM's ask me if we had been over to the Kidani pool and these were casual meetings where they would not have had any idea if we were DVC or not. And our Jambo key card accessed the pool area.

My understanding is that it is one resort and all amenities at both locations are available to any guests staying at in either section. And it is non-dependent on how you pay.

The only DVC I've heard questions about pool use not being available to the whole "resort" is at BLT/Contemporary.

10. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

DVC guest services said you can definately use the Kidani pool if staying at Jambo....Nice feature..In my opinion, more access to restaurant selections right now staying at Jambo..Nice that you can use Jambo or Kidani..Not an issue for us as we rent a car anyway if we don't feel like walking.....:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes