Stateroom Storage Trunks - I can't tell by the drawings

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tmocker, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tmocker

tmocker Earning My Ears

I really like it when my Magic stateroom has one of the storage trunks in it. However, the last two times we've cruised, I got us a stateroom without the storage trunk and it was pretty haphazard in our room.

Is there any way to tell from the drawings of the decks which rooms have the storage trunks? I thought by looking for a little niche I'd be able to tell, but our last room, 2070 had a little niche but no trunk.

Perhaps someone wiser than I will know! :flower:

Thanks so much.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tchrmom

tchrmom Mickey's Neighbor

But I think if you have an cat. 10 room, and you get the inside cat. 10, you get the trunk. Our friends had an outside cat. 10, and did not have one. When we had a cat. 11, we didn't get one either.

Hope this helps..........
    Fran
    :teacher:

4. tmocker

tmocker Earning My Ears

We've always had a catagory 9 outside stateroom. Sometimes we had a trunk, sometimes not. hmmmmm

5. Skallywag

Skallywag DIS Veteran

I am intrigued, what is a storage trunk. Never cruises yet and wonder if we will get one.

6. tchrmom

tchrmom Mickey's Neighbor

these are "cabinets" that are very useful for putting your "folded" clothes into once you arrive in your stateroom. We fit a Large portion of our families "casual" clothes in ours.

Both times we've had cat. 10's we get them.

Good Luck!
    Fran
    :teacher:

7. pjpoohbear

pjpoohbear <font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font

side-ways cat. 11 have the steamer truck also, at least on deck 6 they do.

Penny

8. RKB

RKB DIS Veteran

Horace Horsecollar (I hope I got that right) one time posted the answer to this. The way some of the rooms are layed out they have an indentation in the wall where a trunk fits. Other's don't. It can be in any category. He knows more about it so hopefully he will reply to this. Other wise do a search on steamer trunks and see if you can find his previous reply!