Stateroom question - 1st time cruiser!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by twilson125, May 17, 2012.

1. twilson125

twilson125 Earning My Ears

We're booked on the Fantasy for the last week of August. I booked a deluxe family stateroom with verandah -- room 7104, can anyone tell me if that is a good location or not? Thanks so much!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

You are pretty much in the middle of the ship. I actually prefer the 7th floor because it is 4 flights up to deck 11 where the pools, drink stations and food are. And, the food is on deck 3 and theaters on 4 and 5. Most of the time you will use the stairs/elevators in the center of the ship. Those will always be the busiest. So, if there is occation that you are forward you will want to use them instead. They are less busy. Rooms are a nice size and you should have a blast. Any of questions, let me know.

4. marciemouse

marciemouse Raised on Disney

Not a connecting room, which we prefer. Looks pretty good, though you'd maybe have a nicer view of Castaway Cay if you were on the other side of the ship.

5. KBT35

KBT35 Mouseketeer

click on "staterooms" in the red bar above, then room reports, see if wnayone has reviewed it! :thumbsup2

6. trimix

trimix DIS Veteran

I dont understand people stressing out over a "good" room. All rooms in a given category are essentially identical so why worry? If the cabin is on a Disney ship, it is in a good location.

7. twilson125

twilson125 Earning My Ears

Thank you for taking time to reply :) I really appreciate it. Since this is our first cruise, I have so many questions, lol, which probably seem silly to veteran cruisers, but really important to me. I'm concerned about motion sickness -- is it a major concern? If so, do the bracelets or over-the-counter patches work? We're so excited ... hoping, dreaming, knowing it will be totally awesome!

8. Essexguy29

Essexguy29 Earning My Ears

i don't normally get sea sick (for example on the ferry between Dover in England to Calais in France) but I did find on my first cruise back in January that for the first few hours I could really feel the ship moving but after that I was fine.

I did find most of the other cruisers had a plaster behind their ear to help with the motion sickness.

9. Disneymeow

Disneymeow Earning My Ears

We were actually just down the hall from 7104 on our Fantasy cruise a couple of weeks ago in 7138 (also our first cruise!) in a deluxe family stateroom with verandah and we loved it. Rooms are nice and comfortable with plenty of room (there were three of us). Location wise, as Justacruiser previously mentioned, it's about middle of the ship. Not too long of a walk to a stairwell or elevator but far enough away not to be bothered by any noise from them.

My son and I had a great time watching the boat dock from the verandah and seeing all the hustle and bustle of getting the ship tied up. The best part - when we were leaving Castaway Cay, all the workers on the dock brought out their big Mickey hand gloves and waved goodbye while we were leaving. My son got a big kick out of that. :)

Motion sickness wasn't a problem for us at all, but we had fantastic weather for our cruise. The hardest part was the "floating" feeling we had for a couple of days after we got off the ship! It wasn't too bad, but it was a little weird.