Stateroom Portholes on the Dream?

Marty Moose

Ay-yep! That's me!
Is there any way yet to distinguish between the staterooms that have one large porthole and the ones that have two small ones? Do they vary by deck like the Magic & Wonder? Or will we have to wait until the maiden voyage to find out?

TIA! :)

From the pics I've seen, it looks like all the dual-small-porthole rooms are on the lowest passenger deck. I'm not sure if that's Deck 1 or 2--I'm sure someone will come along and set me straight.

That's what I had assumed...but Disney's site lists Cat9A rooms as being on decks 5,6,7 and 8 and having either two small portholes or one large. And it looks like there are deluxe "family" staterooms on those same decks that guarantee a large porthole?

I was thinking I'd just go ahead and get one of those...it's not much more $ and the extra room (chair) would be nice. But, if our budget gets really tight that extra $ would come in handy! I just know I don't want two small portholes....

Thanks for the input!
:)

Look for my thread on "special rooms" on the Dream. In the very first post, I talk about the portholes and show some pictures.

All Cat 8 (A, B, C, D) have at least one very large porthole (almost as large as the verandah doors.)
The square Cat 8A cabins on decks 5 & 6 have two large porthole windows.
There are a couple of 9A cabins in the forward part of the ship on the port and starboard sides that have large portholes like the Cat 8 cabins do.
We are unsure at the moment what size the 9A portholes are across the very front of the ship, as they have an extra covering over them, but we assume they are at least medium sized from what we saw during construction, and they may be the large portholes.
The 9A accessible cabins in the aft part of the ship have two medium sized portholes each.
The 9B cabins located on Deck 2 have one medium size porthole each.
The small double windows on Deck 1 or lower on the Dream are not located on a passenger deck.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

The small double windows on Deck 1 or lower on the Dream are not located on a passenger deck.
This. All cat 9 rooms have one large porthole. There are no 2-small-porthole rooms on the Dream, only on the Magic and Wonder.

This. All cat 9 rooms have one large porthole. There are no 2-small-porthole rooms on the Dream, only on the Magic and Wonder.

"Large" is a relative term. There are actually three different sizes of portholes we can see on the Dream. DCL calls the top two "large" or "extra large", but to avoid confusion, I've been referring to the extra large ones as large, and the "large" ones as medium.

There are no guest staterooms on the Dream with 2 small portholes as on the current ships. But the 9B rooms on deck 2 and the 9A aft rooms have "medium" portholes that are significantly smaller than the "extra large/large" portholes on the Cat 8 rooms and side facing 9A rooms.

You can see the three sizes well in the picture below, and the dark part of the ship has the three sizes in order. The small windows at the bottom of the picture are in non-guest areas on Deck 1. The medium size windows above them are the 9B rooms on Deck 3. The large windows above them are the windows on Deck 3. They are the same size as the Cat 8 porthole windows seen in the forward and aft parts of the ship.

IMGP8063.JPG

There are actually three different sizes of portholes we can see on the Dream. DCL calls the top two "large" or "extra large", but to avoid confusion, I've been referring to the extra large ones as large, and the "large" ones as medium.
However, only the crew have the "small" size. Guests only have two sizes.

"Medium" appears to be the same size as "large" on the Magic/Wonder, hence DCL calling the 9A/9B portholes "large".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter