Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by idrivealumina, May 10, 2009.

1. Boardwalk Gal

Boardwalk Gal Lean not on your own understanding.

i have a mac myself...it was never a problem for me. :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LWQuestie

LWQuestie I'm the Rocketeer!

I have not had a problem with any other image, just this Liberty one. As a matter of fact, I downloaded the Sailor Hat ears at the same time and that one looks fine.

Just throwing in possibly relevant detail.

ETA: It's very strange - the Liberty Ears file downloaded smooshed and weird. I uploaded it to Flickr to link and show the difference, but when I uploaded it, the dimensions got fixed/changed and it looks fine now. Here's a screenshot of the two thumbnails. The original downloaded file is on the right.

[​IMG]
    screenshot by LWQuestie, on Flickr

4. grumpy's fan

grumpy's fan Mouseketeer

I was having the same problem. So instead of saving the image to my computer - I just printed it instead.

(open the link, right clicked then selected print picture)

Printed out perfectly

5. ShoreByrd

ShoreByrd Earning My Ears

These are great!! I can't wait to make 'em! Thank you!

6. ksinglet

ksinglet Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Thanks so much these are great. I've been cruising since 1999 & just recently found this board! I have so many plans for my door this year!!!

7. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

LOVE the ears!!! Ever think about doing gloves, shorts and shoes?

I saw a picture someone posted of their door and I have been trying (without much luck) to duplicate that idea.
    Here's the picture
    [​IMG]

8. binhpetit

binhpetit Earning My Ears

These are so awesome! CAn't wait to start making decorations for our door with my 2 girls. I need to go find magnet paper!

9. holly1994

holly1994 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for these designs! We are heading out on the Fantasy this Saturday and I am printing several of these on magnet paper for our two staterooms!! You've made my day :)

10. Rcmmom

Rcmmom Earning My Ears

Awesome!

11. Tehanna

Tehanna It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!

For one of the days of our cruise, we did a muppet theme on our door:

[​IMG]

12. disney minnie

disney minnie DIS Veteran

Hey Chris,

Any chance in the Grumpy being designed before November? We are going on the Fantasy with Geoffrey's family and his stepfather name is Grumpy.

If you can't we completely understand! Hope all is well.

Elizabeth

13. FAIREST1OFALL

FAIREST1OFALL DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

Thank you for these wonderful posts! I'm going to purchase magnet paper RIGHT NOW and see if I can make these instead of ordering ones off of easy!

14. ShoreByrd

ShoreByrd Earning My Ears

Fantastic! We found the magnetic paper & your instructions were spot-on! We made some for us & some for or cruise buddies, too. This will really enhance our Hawaii cruise! Thank you so much for making them available to all!!

15. Blueyedchanel

Blueyedchanel Mouseketeer

You can duplicate it if you had a Cricut Machine and the Disney cartridge. Those cutouts are on one of them I think.

16. disneylife14

disneylife14 Earning My Ears

I am having trouble getting the size to be correct. At the moment I am doing it on powerpoint with the sorcerer mickey head. Any ideas?:confused3

17. lmb80129

lmb80129 Mouseketeer

How adorable and creative!!!! Please, please tell! How did you find the eyes and make the body? My kids love Kermit and I would love to recreate him for our door!!!!

18. CJLoerwald

CJLoerwald Earning My Ears

I was having trouble with various programs resizing the pictures, so I ended up just using the simple "paint" program that comes with all windows machines. That didn't resize them at all. I won't find out til Sunday if they fit though but they measured correctly so that is a good sign.

19. erk711

erk711 Mouseketeer

Thank you for your designs. We used them on our cruise we are just back from. Just a note for everyone else when printing them out....I noticed that the ones we did on magnet paper didn't stick to the door well (too many layer of paint?) but the ones we did with the magnetic tape were great. Happy sailing!!

20. caribear

caribear I love WDW!

Love all of the magnets!!

Quick question: I am going to make my magnets from my Cricut using the Mickey body parts. Just wondering how I would make the ears? I am going to do Mickey's hands, feet and pants and put them around my door as I've seen on other auction sites. Just not sure how to go about cutting the ears? Plus I only have the smaller Cricut....so I cannot make them too large. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

21. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

You can just print out the "Plain Ears" from post #1 to use as your ears. You can use as is or laminate. I used clear contact paper to laminate some of my ears - we rotated through four different "ears" during our cruise.