Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by idrivealumina, May 10, 2009.

1. dorito6778

dorito6778 Earning My Ears

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. calker

calker Mouseketeer

Your designs are amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

We are planning a cruise for 2013 and I will print off a set of ears for our stateroom door. Again thank you in advance.

4. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

These are amazing! Do you personalize them? I tried to do it, but the program I need to do that in seems to change all the sizes because it just moves the image to the page and then I need to pull the sides to enlarge it. I have no idea how big these are supposed to be to even have a clue. I read that you said the image needed to be printed on 100%, but since I'm trying to transfer it to a different program it gets all messed up.

I can personalize it if there's a way to figure out what size they are actually supposed to be. Any way you can help me?

Thanks so much!

Sari

5. LWQuestie

LWQuestie I'm the Rocketeer!

Thank you so much! This will be excellent on the door!

6. Pwac

Pwac Mouseketeer

If you create a 7.5-inch in diameter circle, then you should be able to adjust the size to fit around that (the size you need for the door). HTH.

7. msliz2u

msliz2u Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing these! I'm going to try to make some for us!

8. grumpalina

grumpalina Mouseketeer

subbing- fantastic stuff!!!

9. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

I made a circle which actually was 7.7" to have the diameter be 7.5" when I measured it after printing. I save the pictures and didn't edit the sizes and made sure there was no scaling or anything when I printed. They are still coming out too small. I tried to make one bigger (the pirate hat with the mickey ears) and it still didn't fit over the circle. The middle part seems to fit over the circle, but then as I go out to the sides it's coming into the cirlce.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks so much!

10. Pwac

Pwac Mouseketeer

What program are you using?

11. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

Word. I tried to use a print program I had, but I wasn't able to add the fonts I wanted to it. I read a tutorial on how to use word for these things and everything else has worked perfectly, even personalizing some of the items I'm doing.

I can make the pictures bigger and smaller, but I had left it the same. Do you know if they should be a certain size in height and width? If so, is it the same for all of them or does it vary based on the design? I can probably cut part of the design off to make it not go into the circle because the middle is fine, but I'd rather figure out how to get it the right way and not do that.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

12. stitch101

stitch101 Earning My Ears

Thank you for your awesome work on these....I'm going to use the stitch ears for my up coming cruise.

13. tinkeringbells

tinkeringbells Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for sharing these designs. We are really excited to make these for our first cruise!

14. Pwac

Pwac Mouseketeer

I remember having trouble with one of them and the only way I could get it to work was to open it in Paint. I never use Paint for anything but it worked for this. Maybe you could try that? I had trouble with the sombrero, tiara, and plain Mickey ears so I tried many different things before I got them to work and the same fix didn't work for all of them.

15. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

I tried it in Paint and it came out even smaller. I wondered if maybe mine was printing too big, but now that it's smaller it comes even more into the circle.

I wish I had an idea of just how big they are supposed to be. I've looked at the pictures on here and others that people have posted of their doors and it's so hard to tell.

Thanks for trying to help me.

16. Rebecca 27690

Rebecca 27690 Earning My Ears

I want to thank you for all these designs. On Wonder in October to Hawaii and have already made a few for cabin door. going to change them out most every day!!! thank you again.

17. Rebecca 27690

18. diznefan76

diznefan76 Mouseketeer

These are awesome! Thank you for putting in the time to make these and then sharing them! I'm going to use them on our door for our Aug 6th Alaskan cruise! :)

19. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

Love your designs and will definitely try out the Minnie Birthday for my dd who is celebrating her 13th on the 3/30 sailing of The Fantasy.

How about Mickey or Minnie with Easter Bunny ears?

These are really awesome!

20. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

What program did you use to print them in? I'm having size problems and I've checked and made sure my printer isn't scaling or anything.

Thanks!

21. Rebecca 27690

I used Kodak easyshare and Windows live photo gallery. they seemed to work fine. Two or three downloaded funny into the windows program so I printed them from the Kodak easyshare program. Kittie