test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by idrivealumina, May 10, 2009.

1. Princess Kikismommy

Princess Kikismommy Earning My Ears

Thank you for all these great ideas!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. blallred

blallred Surrogate Mom

I just want to thank you for all the hard work that you have put into making these awesome door characters. I printed out the birthday Mickey for my son's birthday. We are leaving on Saturday and that is his birthday. He is going to love it!

4. cryssi

cryssi <font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look

Seriously cute!

5. jeanneg4of4

jeanneg4of4 Member

We are eager to see the sombrero for the Mex Riv cruise. We leave in T - 16 days and counting. BTW you do a great job cant wait to be the envy of all the stateroom doors with my smoking hot mickey ears.Thanks!

6. weloveheidi

weloveheidi Earning My Ears

:cool1:
    OMG, I am so glad I tried this out first, without going straight to the magnetic sheets, or using colored ink or anything. I clicked on the "printable version" for the Mickey Cruise Hat Ears, and it automatically shows the printable version within a new tab in Safari (web browser). So, I had tried saying "Print" at 100%, and it didn't work - it was close, but maybe 15% too small. :guilty: (Given all the trouble people were having, I actually cut out a 7.5 inch circle to test it - and am I EVER glad I did).:eek: I was going nuts.

Then, :idea: I decided to download the printable version directly to my desktop, and THEN print it at 100% (using Preview), and THAT works. So, 100% does NOT work in Safari, but WILL work if you download it and print at 100% WITH PREVIEW.

Why on earth printing at 100% doesn't work if going straight from the web browser Safari, I have no idea. But, I'm so glad the mystery has been solved, for us, at least. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE EARS!!!! :hug:

(If you told us not to print within our web browser at 100%, I'm sorry I read the instructions too fast to see it - I was too excited to print). pirate: (Also, if this has been discovered and posted already, I apologize, as I only read through about half of the pages before this one).

Can't wait to put them on our door! :banana:

7. DisneyCrazedChristi

DisneyCrazedChristi Always Planning my next trip!

These are awesome, Thanks so much!!! I am gonna be improvising to make the tiara into a Mardi Gras colored one, as we are from New Orleans and will be at sea on the Dream for Mardi Gras!!!::MickeyMo

8. jennyh2829

jennyh2829 Member

I would also like the St. Patricks day ears....my daughter's birthday is that day and we'll be on the Magic...:)

9. candy wife

candy wife Earning My Ears

You did such a great job on these, I love all of them! Thanks so much for sharing. We plan on bringing a few to change them out whenever we want. My son is going to love decorating the door :)

10. VickiHD

VickiHD Mouseketeer

How about pumpkin ears for Halloween Time and the Halloween cruises?

Thanks

11. idrivealumina

idrivealumina Proud Member and Executive Officer of the HARDHAT

Does the color just need to be skewed a bit? What were you thinking of exactly?

12. misscassiecass

misscassiecass Earning My Ears

really cute! thanks!

13. catgirl

catgirl Member

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

14. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

Just popping in to let anyone know that is concerned.....the ears work perfect on the Dream.

15. tessasmom

tessasmom Member

Good to know! Now I just have to choose which ones to make!!

Thank you so much for sharing everyone!

16. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

I change mine everyday.

17. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

18. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Perfect! Gotta have it!
    My dh is into model railroading big time! He has a 900sf building in our backyard for his layout. Yes,I said 900.

19. lisa1527

lisa1527 Earning My Ears

Those are great...thanks!! :)

20. FrogLady23

FrogLady23 Member

First off, I love, love, love these "ears". They make me smile and I can't wait to see them on my stateroom door!!!! I am wondering if you can do Roo ears? Roo is one of our favorite Disney characters and I am hoping to have a set of ears for each of our family so we change them up throughout our cruise.

Thanks in advance:):):)

21. JWG

JWG Mouseketeer

This thing needs to be a sticky!
    Nice work.